Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tuesday, Home again!


 Kida bought a new toy for grammies back yard. You should have seen me setting this up. Many face plants and I was in a summer denim dress that made it all the funnier.


Lying in the Sun to dry off and then play again.  My house is a zoo, but I am hanging in there.

Had a good time at daughters.  Did not go up to sister in laws ranch as we would have had to stay in a hotel, and they were outrageous expensive and far away.

Long drive there and back but brought back my grandson James to play with William for a week as his other grandma took our oldest grandson with her to Denver. 

I am taking missionaries out to dinner tonight as trying to cook something with all these kids around is just not happening.

I am trying to get the shop cleaned today and get my mind on even keel. At least two wedding dresses if not three out this week.  I have had 5 phone calls for dresses coming in.  I told everyone to call at the end of the month and well it is the end of the month.

I am just having a lot of really sad moments this last week. Up all night one night with grief.  It has been 5 months and I just want some relief. But it is not to be. 

I need to water both my place and my brother in laws place tonight. I will be sewing this evening as trying to get anything done with three monkeys running in and out is impossible.

Kim

15 comments:

  1. I bet you did have a nice time with the kiddos. Oh goodness, that thing looks like a monster!!!! Your area looks to be dry and not a lot of trees! Don't think I have ever seen a pic of the landscape there.
    Girl one day - you will realize it has been a week, then 2 weeks without a breakdown. They get fewer and fewer - still there at times - but fewer. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Cheryl. The break downs will get farther and farther apart. Don't fret over it when they hit. It means you love him

      Delete
    2. Thanks, it is just so hard. Have I said that before? We cannot water here so everything is dry. We can hand water our pots but no sprinklers as we have a reservoir breakdown. I don't have time to stand out and hand water my lawn.

      Delete
  2. Kim,
    What a toy! I hope it won't blow away...lol. Who is the third child with James and William? I am glad you did not cook, monkeys or not. I suppose you will have to take in sewing and cut it off like last month. It seems to work for your piece of mind. Cheryl has been where you are, so she has relevant advice. She has been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is staked down so that helps. Can you imagine it blowing away with a kid in it? I have Kelsa, William and James.

      Delete
  3. As I always say, give yourself some grace when the hard moments happen and just let them happen. I understand how difficult it is, but it is just part of the grief process.
    I am glad you had 3 monkeys for a little distraction. Have a great week and I hope you get what you want to be done finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those 3 monkeys are in the process of making their fondest memories at grannie's house. Hang in there. Grief is hard and it may be a long process but, I am sure you will find a peaceful new normal eventually. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that bounce house looks like fun! The kids must have been exhausted and slept well that night from that. How fun! I wish I could say something magical to help you with your grief, but I know that isn’t how grief works. Please know that so many of us are including you in our prayers and thoughts daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Belinda I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  7. Glad you had a nice time with your family. That bounce house does not look like it would be fun to set up. Hang in there Kim. Everyone grieves at their own pace. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bounce house looks perfect for the kiddos. Anything that will tire them out is a winner to me! Here's hoping today is easier than yesterday, and you continue to get some respite from your grief.

    ReplyDelete