Thursday, July 27, 2023

Thursday, Sissie has me on a dead run

 

I am tired.  The kids are due in any moment.  Took a long walk with neighbor this morning. Slept like crap last night. Starting to get a cold. Low grade fever yesterday. I have the chills now. Bed sounds so nice.

Had three bridal fittings yesterday. It was a long exhausting day, and I did not feel my best. Also finished a bridal dress.

I have three more bridal dresses to get done, and one is started. 

The missionaries came and moved a huge cabinet in the garage for me.  I was going to have it torn down and then they realized it was just screwed into the wall.  So, we moved it to a better location and decided to keep it. 

Sissie has been out in the garage cleaning and rearranging, and it is a horrid job.  I need to help her but have been stuck in the shop. If I can get these dresses done, I can get out and help.  

I have two more bridal fittings today. It just never ends. 

But I have taken in enough money to pay my taxes for the rest of the year. Drum Roll please!!!!!!!! I will try and do that tomorrow.

You know that foggy in the head feeling you get when a cold is coming on? That is how I feel.  I am sitting here in a jacket typing because I am so cold. 

I have never seen so many wedding dresses come in for September, it is crazy.

I stocked up on flour and sugar for my buckets in the garage.  I should have enough to get through Christmas baking. Even though I am not cooking or baking like I used to, I don't like running really low on staples.

I am trying to decide if I will finish this wedding dress or go curl up with a warm blanket.

Kim

24 comments:

  1. Warm blanket. Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get so buy and do so much that you are wearing yourself down. Truly you need a little break and a big nap.
    Take care and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will wear yourself down if you keep sewing. Go to bed with warm blanket. You cannot work in the heat the way you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your body is screaming at you to go curl up with a blanket, then listen to it. Its better to lose an afternoon to possibly shake this than to soldier on and get really sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sissie, the garage and wedding dress b damned. GO NAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blanket
    Definitely the blanket
    Hope you feel better very soon
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope you went for the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I’m sorry you are so worn down. Take care of yourself and try to rest up. Yay for getting the tax money together, the rest of the year will be gravy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're feeling better this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope you feel better very soon. Having a summer cold (as I call them) is not in the least fun.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, stuffy head and the heat not a good combo.

      Delete
  11. Your Sissie is amazing. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete