Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Tuesday, Sissie here

 

This is my Sissy (Kim) in the male form as I have pushed her hard, to get things out!

We call each other Sissy so track with me.

The Shop is really busy at present, and She has 12 Wedding Dresses due out by the end of September.  We hope to have all of them done by the time I depart on the 17th of August but...

We will be taking a short trip to Missoula next week to see Friends and Help a Grade School Friend with Her Father's Funeral Luncheon.  So, no sewing done for five days.

The garage is almost done, and I probably have one more dump run to do, but not today.  WE are just trying to make the shop a priority.

Spending time with my beloved Sister is so wonderful even if I fall in bed exhausted every day!  I am just trying to get her organized and it is a process.  My nickname for Her is "the Gerbil" and I threaten to take Her wheel away, or maybe I won't clean Her cage!  As Sluggy will tell you I was born with the Organized gene and Sissie with the creative.  This is what happens when that egg splits and split it did.

The Grand Children have been here a lot and it has been chaotic, but fun.  Niece number One's two Boys are here this week also so lots of trips to our Baby Sister's pool and I seriously forgot to put sunscreen on one of them yesterday and he really got burnt.  Bad Great Auntie here and I felt terrible, but He has rallied and will be swimming in a shirt the rest of the week.

Sissy is planning on getting three Wedding dresses done today and I have boat load of ironing to do, and must do a Major Grocery Shop, also some vacuuming that needs to be done, and we have Kelsa today...nuff said about that, as She is very busy!

I have made all Sissies phone calls for pick up and fittings and this takes time.  The Bridesmaid dresses are really a pain to press.  I swear they are all three layers of crap fabric and they come in a plastic bag from overseas all balled up.  It takes me at least 20 minutes to press one and this is what really slows Sissy down. I pressed two this morning. 

Sissy needs back up.  My Husband and I plan to move here in less than a year and I will be that back up. God willing but you all know what Sissy and I say... We plan, God laughs!

I am trying to convince Her that She needs to hire a cleaning Lady at least one day a week to do the floors, vacuuming and dusting, until I arrive permanently and also the bedding and bathrooms.  She simply does not have enough time in the day, (especially with the Grand Children coming and going) and this would really help.  We shall see ...

Okay back from Grocery Shopping and $95.00 later we are stocked for the Children and the junk they eat!  I also stopped by Staples to get a pocket Calendar for a Friend and went to a Friend of Sissies that owns a Restaurant and dropped off a piece of equipment that was in the Garage.  Oh, and picked up a large diet Coke for Sissy at Mickey D's on the way up to the Elks. This is to keep Sissy going.

 Now I am going to tackle the ironing... Sis is fighting with buttonhole equipment on Her new machine, and She is not happy! Kelsa broke a piece of Orrefors (heavy lead Chrystal from Sweden) and it is a goner so cleaned that up.  Yes, we display our things and teach the Children to be careful, but things do happen. It is 3:15 PM and I am going to deep vacuum.

Fast forward...it is 6:25 and we are finally Childless for 48 hours.... Kim is doing hand work on Her final dress of the day, and She is exhausted.  I stopped and chatted with Her elderly Neighbor that came over for an hour and this is important.  She is lonely and I needed a break.  We have a dinner date for Friday evening as Sissy and Her middle Daughter are taking number one Daughter's Boys back and it is a seven-hour drive.  No way I am getting in a Car with four Children for seven hours.  Yes, I am selfish to a point.  I can get a lot done here that needs to be done in silence. Now if it were an emergency, I would be a trooper.

Now what is for dinner?  I am thinking of Oreos and chips and an ice cream bar. Sissy will love that.  I will have several glasses of wine and She will have diet coke.  What Girl could ask for more?   This is called a Girl's dinner.

The house is presentable, and I did not get to the ironing, but it will be there tomorrow.

I am very tired and will put Sissy to bed shortly.

Take care. All is well!

Sissy number one






14 comments:

  1. I love the descriptions of your activities especially the 7 hour trip. I can imagine the chaos in that trip. You two sound like my sister and I but we’re 6 years apart in age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rather have the creative gene that the organization gene. But, it would be nice to have a twin that organized. Sissy I, you have helped a lot. Girl Dinners are good for a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was laughing as I read the proposed dinner. It sounds like a meal made in heaven to me. I would probably have both the diet coke and a glass or two of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a Sissy like you ... either one of you will do !!! You obviously both share the same sense of humour. I agree with Anne above ... I would eat the oreos, chips, icecream bar, the wine AND the diet coke!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t comment often but i think you’re both fabulous! Bless your heart for all you do to help! We all need a Sissy in our lives.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sissie #1, that was a great post! Definitely can see that you two are related! And holy cow, you two are incredibly busy! Thank you for catching us up on your days. I love the girls dinner. My DH passed away about the same time as Joel, and there have been dinners for me that were completely based on two scoops of Tillamook Mudslide chocolate ice cream. That was my entire dinner and it was glorious ;). I have now given that up…and gone back to real, much less tasty, food. But it is fantastic therapy. Thanks again for the post, Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness you gals have been busy. Work, work, work. I truly don't know how Kim does it with all those dresses - it would drive me insane. I know the little kiddos are a love and joy - but I can't imagine trying to run the tedious business she runs with kiddos under foot all the time. You both have more patience than me.
    Take care - love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question....what are Oreos, Chips and Ice Cream Bars?? I don't seem to remember those. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you come tackle my house when you finish there? Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I thought I was exhausted after reading Kim's posts...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the update! Sounds exhausting but your descriptions were hilarious. Thanks for helping everybody's favorite Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You're twins? How cool! You both have the writing gene. So much work on your Sissy's plate and you're sucha cool sister to help out with the heavy duty work. Hopefully, you will be closer to each other soon. Aren't sisters the best? Btw, a lot of people think İ and my sister are twins but, I am 7! years older. We are both tall, overweight and some of our mannerisms may be alike but, we do not look alike at all in our opinion. I look like my dad and she doesn't look like anybody in the the family because we found her in the dumpster. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, such an awesome sister!!! Thanks for all you do to help out our Kim. : ) Now both of you enjoy that ice cream bar for dinner. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really are a great sister! And, the girls dinner sounds like perfection. I'll have the wine, with you. I'm the more organized between myself & my sister, but she's not too shabby herself. When I come to her house, I immediately start decluttering. She loves/hates it. ;-) I also am the motivator on the fitness side, and send her a training plan to complete (for events she wants to do - I'm not a monster). ;-)

    ReplyDelete