Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Wednesday, August 2nd 2023 Sissy Here!

Sissy, Mom and I at our forty year class reunion. Mom passed two years after this was taken.

 Okay today has been a little crazy even without the Grands.  It is very hot and I think both Sissy and I are just tired.  

Finished the ironing and did my normal morning chores to keep up with the House.  Cleaned the outside grill and installed a new cover and it was a mess.  Bleached a pair of Kelsa's little shoes which were a mess and cleaned bathroom mirrors of all little Children blobs!  Really why they will be back again tomorrow to mess it all up again! 

Sissy had a good sewing day yesterday in spite of Kelsa and the potty training that is going on.  Kelsa is a little more responsive this time, but you have to stay on her constantly.  I think back to when Sissy tried this in February and all of the comments.  She definitely was not ready. My favorite was Hawaii Planner and Her little one passed out from a sugar high with wet pants.  Yep we are right there.

Sissy has three dresses torn apart and two finished for final try on.  She had one fitting at 2:00 and these take at least an hour, another at 5:30.  She does not know it yet but we are going out to dinner if we are not too tired.  I have lost my cooking Mojo and I think another "Girl Dinner" would not be a healthy option.

I let Sissy sleep until 9:00 and I was up at 5:00 and watched the Sun come up.

Sissy has a beautiful view and it is nice and cool in the mornings.  I sat and prayed and drank my three cups of coffee ( which I need to get started) . Anne in the Kitchen and I are simpatico with this. I keep an old Mr. Coffee in Sissy's garage that I bought over twenty years ago and it is always ready for me when I come but covered in garage grime, that I clean off. I also called my Husband and chatted for a bit as it was already eight O'clock EST.

I have always been a morning Person as an Adult (Married to a now retired Navy Man for 39 years)and can get more done before ten a.m. than most, but I really slow down about three p.m. and that is when Sissy is at her best.

Had a very stressful call with our youngest Brother (who has issues and our Mother always took care of His issues to His detriment) and have had to step into help.  He is having all of His teeth pulled by Medicaid ( too long to explain) and they only pulled half the teeth and He now has a raging infection in one on the bottom and claims that the Dentist doing the work is booked solid with other patients...yada, yada, yada,...I am rich and I can afford it ...yadda, yadda, yadda... It was ugly and I lost it with Him as He will do nothing to help Himself.  So I called Girlfriends and they helped me find a Dentist and will take Him and help and Kim and I will write the check.  Teeth can kill and He is halfway there to having dentures so we must stay on top of this.  I do not know if His stupid arguments or accusations make me feel guilty or just plain angry.  I will not let an Animal suffer.  But this situation has brought me a little low, or I am just tired. 

When our Mother passed we told Him the Bank was closed and He has been respectful of that but just open the door and He becomes a "sucking chest wound".

It is 4:05 and time for a glass of wine...Okay 4:45 and I think I will try and organize again under the kitchen sink...it is a rat hole! Okay that is done, and really not a rat hole, so I eat my words.  Just certain things that need to go out to the garage and now that is is clean and organized this is a not brainer.  I then gathered all bath waste baskets and gave them a good scrub as they were nasty.  I have gotten Sissy to use liners ( which I bought when I was here this past winter and She has been good, but not always and the Grands do not help) another chore for a cleaning lady!  Trash cans are drying on the deck and I am watering the small garden.  Sissy just finished a very hard dress. Going for SUSHI!!!


The house nazi




21 comments:

  1. I would love to have you come and be a house Nazi for me for a couple of weeks.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissy I just love you and believe we could ALL use your help. Hugs to you and Kim

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only had 2 cups of coffee this morning and have been slightly "off" all day. Tomorrow I will be back to 3.
    I am glad y'all are getting so much done, even if you have to be the taskmaster.
    I am sorry about the issue with your brother and hope finding him a dentist and agreeing to pay will let you both get over the guilt trip.
    Take care! Drink coffee and some evening wine! I miss seeing y'all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne I miss you and your common sense of which I have none. Yes when I only get in two cups I am a little off! Wait I am always a little off!

      Delete
    2. Anon, Read below as I responded to Jackie, I have had four glasses of wine and SUSHI with Sissy! Still tryi9ng to figure this blog thing out?

      Delete
  4. Oh Jackie you would have to be ready for me. Sluggy will tell you I can be mean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes "mean" is what I need to get my butt in gear.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. As I said to Jackie! Well not that mean but...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so confused. Are there two Sissys speaking?
    Almost everyone needs a house nazi and a cleaning woman.
    As mean as Sissy is, at least she understands. You two make a good team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you, both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your sister’s sewing, and your cleaning! Progress indeed. Interestingly, I have a good friend whose parents always bailed out her brother, to his detriment like you said. They died and now it falls on my friend, and he is over 70 now….. It is so frustrating to me to see how he takes advantage (after a lifetime of using family I am not sure he even realizes what he is doing), but it isn’t good. And of course he has “issues”….don’t we all ;). Happy cleaning! I laughed out loud at your coffee comment. I need two large cups or else. I actually have a new coffee maker in a box just in case mine breaks, I can’t see ever being without my coffee. hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hilogene, Sissy here, I would be referred to as Hitler without my coffee and I have a spare at Home just in case.

      Delete
  9. Ugh. My oldest brother never married and at age 69 had a stroke four months ago. He had not been to the dentist in 50 YEARS and a doctor in more than 25... I should not have to be calling dentists for my 69 year old professional brother (he's a lobbyist in Washington, D.C.!).

    I'm glad you're taking good care of your Sissy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like things are getting taken care of one way or the other. Love the picture - what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want a Sissy! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to have a house person to clean and bring stuff up the stairs. LOL I need a Sissy here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do know what hitler did? Most people won’t find this funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I know, our Mother was raised Jewish. Just in fun!

      Delete