Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Wednesday, Book Club tonight


 Book club is tonight, and I am frantically trying to finish a book.  Sissie is after me to sew, and she is right I do need to sew.

Sissie is running around packing and planning my future while she runs.  It does not look too bright.  But don't worry the voices in my head will help me along.

Working on the hardest wedding dress and I will call her for a try on before I finish the inside.  No way I am doing that sucker again.

Went out to Mexican last night and it was good. Eating the leftovers today for lunch.

My neighbor down the street left yesterday for Germany, and I have the menagerie for the next three weeks. I was down this morning, with the 4 dogs, 5 cats, 37 chickens, 8 ducks, 3 geese, 1 potbellied pig, one tortoise, one turtle, and a large parrot. Plus, her huge garden where I picked 8 cucumbers that were ready. Also, a dozen eggs. I will go back down this evening for dog snuggles. A half an hour of getting jumped on and kissed by four dogs.  But they need the love. 

Joel's favorite Uncle is in grave condition.  He is 78 just a few years older than Joel so they were really friends growing up.  He has a brain bleed, and the doctors are going to do surgery but do not think he will survive. I just dread another funeral.

Well, I am off to sew on that wedding dress so I can call for a fitting. 

Also, I counted my $5 bill box and I have $710.00 saved. I thought I had only a little over $500.  It was a nice surprise.

Sissie wants me to get to work.

Blah!


Kim



10 comments:

  1. I think a four dog snuggle session would be the high point of my year ;). Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three weeks of taking care of all of those animals?? Sissy can't leave you with all of that AND the wedding dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the neighbors compensate you well for taking care of their farm
    animals bc it is a minifarm! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a long time to care for all those animals and the garden.
    Hey, listen to the voices - they can be fun sometimes!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sorry to hear about Joel’s Uncle.
    My 5.00 bucket has been going unfulfilled since i retired. I’d be happy with 70.00! Yay, you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dog or cat snuggles make everything better. So sorry to read about Joel's uncle. Praying for him.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for the uncle; you need happy life moments. I find I'm envious though of others happy life moments. When's my turn, I mutter. Dogs today were annoying, too much barking when steps were being poured. But later, both were freely giving love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What book are you reading for book club? That is a lot of animals for a long time, and a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! You have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would not be excited to have that zoo for the next three weeks, so I hope they are easy for you to handle. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. Sending good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete