Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Tuesday, Focused


It is only Tuesday, and this seems appropriate. Sissie leaves in three days, and I am already nervous about it. I am thinking of having her make lists for me to follow to keep me motivated. But I don't know if that will work.

Kelsa is mostly potty trained, but I was on the run yesterday, keeping her on track. The picture below was taken because she wanted me to know I could not see her.  If I could not see her, she could still potty in her pants.  Where do these kids come up with this stuff?







As we were driving back from Twin Falls, Schmills asked his mom if her could play some music. She said she had a headache and did not want to hear music, but he could listen to her iPad with headphones if he wished.

So here he is in the back seat with his headphones on and his eyes closed singing LOUDLY, OFF KEY. Highway to the danger zoooooone.  Over and over, and during the drum solos and riffs, he would clap his hands (not to the rhythm) kick the seat, slap his thighs, and even made fart noises under his armpit, to imitate the drums.  I thought Signe' and I were going to die laughing. He was totally oblivious, and this went on and on with him repeating his favorite songs. I turned to Signe' and suggested that we just let him listen like he originally asked.  IT was so funny. Kids!

Did not get done what I wanted yesterday. But I am going to try hard today, as there are no kids here to interrupt. 

Sissie is out running errands.  I might just sneak in and watch TV.  But do I dare?


Kim
 

10 comments:

  1. Kids are the darndest hoot!!! Too funny on the stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids always make us laugh Kim ... & its that deep down unexpected laugh too. I could laugh at my grandkids all day long - its such good soul restoring stuff.
    Your little funny caption up the top reminded me of standing in a line at the supermarket once & in front of me was the local Community Constable (Policeman). He asked me how my youngest son was doing as his son was the same age. My son was a real rebel at that stage & I said to the constable "how long have you got to listen". His reply was "Julie if he's not in prison & he's attending school or work - you're doing okay". It sure put things into perspective & popped into my head when I read your funny caption. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids definitely entertain! Hope you enjoy your last few days with Sissie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a little concert when driving!
    I love the if I can't see you, you can't see me attitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you had been there, the music was inspiring. NOT

      Delete
  5. Kids and potty training! I tried my best. When I was planning first child's third birthday. I decided this was it. I did one last training surge and he was finally trained. It was an ordeal since I had another in diapers, also. it almost killed me. He was so aware, like Kelsa of his hiding and pooping, like in the corner of my bedroom on the floor!
    Go watch tv.

    ReplyDelete