Monday, August 14, 2023

Monday, Out of touch!


 SO much traveling.  I went to the coast, then down to Twin Falls and then to Missoula all in a month's time. I really need to stay home and focus.

Although Sissy has been keeping me in line, let me tell you. 

We had a nice drive to Missoula to help with one of our old school chum's parents memorial service.  Why is it only funerals when we get together anymore?

Stayed with our 85-year-old Aunt. It was fun to catch up. But now home to face the dragon and I am not talking about Sissie.

12 Wedding dresses in the shop 9 of them for Sept.  It is crazy.  I have never been this busy in Sept before.  Now I have been this busy in October, so we shall see.

Signe' and Nate dropped the kids off last night with a new apple phone and watch for me.  I am so spoiled. They are also coming this evening with crab that was given to them for a crab feed.  Yum.

Sent Sissie out for corn on the cob and baby potatoes. I will do up green beans from the garden and a tomato cucumber salad also from garden. Still producing more than I can eat, but I have given things to the kids.

I am still struggling with grief.  It comes and goes in waves. Sissie leaves on Thursday, and I hope I can stay ahead of the game once she leaves. She has really got me organized, but there is so much to do. I just have to stay focused.

They are building a new Temple in Moses Lake, Washington and a girlfriend and I are going to drive over on Friday and tour it before it is dedicated. So I am looking forward to that.

Right now there are over 35 pairs of pants to hem in the shop and a bag of little person clothes. I want to get a few piles done and at least two wedding dresses ready before I go to bed tonight.  Don't know if that is possible.

Happy to be back.  Anything I should know that I missed?

Kim

19 comments:

  1. I am stunned that you are facing 12 wedding dresses and 35 pairs of pants. I am not skilled in that area so that task would send me screaming into the front yard ;). If I drank, maybe a drink or two ;). Anyway, glad you are back and busy! Nothing new here, hot in Arizona, my renovation hasn’t started but is creeping slowly forward. Still not cooking but eating in a healthy manner. Grief does come and go, the waves are less intense these days. Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think the waves are worse or maybe I have spent too much time in denial. But I sure am busy.

      Delete
    2. Riding ( or swallowing water) with those waves here to. Nights are awful- I'm living on just a few hours of sleep because I can't shut off my brain to the what should have been's.

      Delete
  2. You have been missed!!!!
    You got this - buckle down and know Sissie has you organized. You can keep it up, we all have faith.
    Just remember - idle hands are the devil's workshop! He aint getting you!!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl; Sissy here...say prayers, for every five or six week term I have spent with Kim over 30 years, something sets in. Hope to be permanently moved here by next May. But remember Sissy and I plan and God Laughs...no disrespect in that ever. If He ever lets me in to the pearly gates I will have serious questions! Our motto is: Hands to work, hearts to God!

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of sewing! Break it down into manageable (?) chunks, and focus on making progress where you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sissy here! I try o help her with this, but she squirrels on me!

      Delete
  4. That is an astounding number of pants! This is getting grim. Thinking about all the ripping and sewing involved with those and 12 wedding dresses waiting in the background makes me dizzy. You need the time away. Do you always work on pants in the order received or promised or do you eliminate the need for some thread and bobbin changes by doing all black pants, then khaki, etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs, I do go by color groups, I also cut and press by color groups, so I don't have to leave the machine. You and I think so much alike.

      Delete
  5. Yikes! My brain can't even comprehend that many alterations. Okay, I can hem clothing--if the person will stand still long enough for me to mark everything!

    I can design, I can drape, I can make patterns, I can sew up a storm, but alterations are a specialty that completely defeat me! Except for some hemming. And mending--obviously, not alterations, but necessary!

    Kim, you have my utmost respect in your occupation, generosity and attitude in life. Life has kicked you in the teeth (metaphorically, thank goodness!), but you are working through it. Remember, there is no timetable for grief. You just need to work through it and try to avoid wallowing, which you seem to be managing quite well. Not perfectly, but who is perfect? :-)

    ... Taja (in the desert Southwest. No emojis on the computer and I'm too lazy to look for some!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny. I don't think my brain can comprehend either.

      Delete
  6. Oh my, that's a lot of sewing. My solution to hemming pants is to grab the stapler. It ain't pretty tho. Don't forget to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done that a time or two but not for a client.

      Delete
  7. I will be glad when your twin moves near you. I have twin cousins and they understand each other. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sissy make her a list and then you take a picture of it as we both know she will lose it as soon as you walk out the door. LOL. Prayers for all of you

    ReplyDelete