Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday, already irritated.....

     Mom has pushed my buttons about 10 times this morning, I keep telling myself I can do this. I had a fight with my internet and mom's phone company already this morning, I am ready to cash them in but quick.  I just don't like it when Monday's start out like this. 

     Actually it is my old August dilemma.  August is a hard month financially with the studio.  No matter how much I save and look ahead I run out of money in August.   I have had to pay studio bills with personal money many times in August but personal money has run out because of the hot water tank dilemma.   All I keep telling myself is that this is the last time I will pay this bill.  As in last week I wrote two checks for a work shop.  I did not lose money on it, but I made no money either.  I am just so looking forward to teaching my kids and not having the whole financial thing to worry about.  I will pay my two debts that the studio has and that will be it.
 
     Hub's has decided to play in the pit for OLIVER so that will take up about 6 weeks of his evenings.  Nice for me as he is out of my hair and not nagging me to go some where.  Al though I really want to get down to Southern Idaho again and see my grandsons.  Eldest thought she might fly them up to Spokane over Labor day weekend.  We will see.

     I am eating out of the freezers because they are so full.  I told mom no groceries in the freezers.  We had steak, new potatoes, broccoli, tomato, onion, cucumber salad for dinner yesterday and there are plenty of left overs.  I also pulled a pie crust and some frozen rhubarb out of the freezer and made a rhubarb custard pie for dessert.  Really nummy and easy.  Recipe below.

one pie crust
4 cups frozen rhubarb chunks
1.5 cups sugar
3 beaten eggs
3 tlb. tapioca
one cup sour cream

Mix together, pour into shell sprinkle with cinnamon, bake at 400 for 15minutes then lower to 350 for 30-45 minutes.  serve with ice cream or whip cream.

Well I am looking forward to a more positive day.  How about you?

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. August is bad for us too...
    Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete