Monday, August 1, 2016

Monday, August 1st

Wow, what happened to summer? 
     I haven't even had a vacation yet.  Well I have no money for a vacation so that is settled.  Hub's drove to Spokane last night to stay with our William for the next 3 days.  Daughter could not find a sitter and husbands work schedule had changed unexpectedly.  Mom was in rare form last night after Hub's left, I thought I would take a nap.  This pissed mom off and she went stomping around like a spoiled child.  Finally she hollers up the stairs," KIM are we going to water Kelly's flowers?"  Mom has been watering these herself but today the one day I will make myself rest she is incapable.

     So I get up cheerfully, but underneath I am smoldering.  I take her to sis's and we water the flowers.  Then I fill my car with gas as the light is on and I don't know how long it has been like that.  She wants a cherry empanada so I take her to get one.  I know it was the Sabbath but I did not want to incur the wrath of the crabby mother. Now I am trying to think of what would make her happy.  I had torn into the garden Saturday night and had a big mess in the back yard that needed to be bagged, so I suggested that she set on the deck and boss me as I cleaned up that mess.  She loves to boss me. So I (we) worked out there until dark and then came into the kitchen and put away all the produce we had picked.  She had me pull out all the different things she needed to make Swedish apple cakes.

     I realized that she wanted me to look at everything she was pulling out.  She wanted the ingredients ready.  She had almond extract rather than vanilla.  Her sight is so bad in small print.  She was so happy to have a project ready to go.  This morning she was up by nine and just happy as a clam to be messing in the kitchen.  Gives me something to think on.  We can't have her baking constantly as we can't eat all of it.  But she is happier when she is busy.

     My little sis will be in town this late afternoon with her moving truck.  I have several men from the church coming at 7 to unload her big stuff.  She has to be to work tomorrow.  The piano mover will be at her place at 2:30.  So I hope she can be there when that happens.  Her piano is worth a great deal and I don't want to be responsible.

     Just got a call for Hub's to play in pit for upcoming musical "Oliver".  I had to ask did they want violin or viola?  He has now taken up the cello for his small orchestra group and he was whining that he will never get to play the violin again.  They want  the violin so that will make him happy and keep him busy.

     Well I have two wedding dresses due out today and many other things so I should get to work.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

    

No comments:

Post a Comment