Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tuesday, cleaning up the leftovers

     Well when you come home from a trip you always have the unpacking and the mess.  I did not even try to touch the laundry, in fact most of it is not even downstairs yet.  I did get unpacked and those things put away.  Hubs and I had to strip the bedcovers as the dog had laid on them and they were dirty.  We usually shut the bedroom doors, but Lil sis must have opened them.  So I have mount wash more to face today.

     Mom is still in a rare mood but a we bit better.  Lil sis is angry and vengeful and I love my job as the arbitrator. NOT  We did not see lil sis yesterday which was probably a good thing.  I talked to her a few times and she was sloppy and tearful and ugly and way over dramatic.  But those are her feelings and not to make light of them, I just feel bad for her.  ( I really feel bad for me:)

     I had quite a bit of work come into the shop yesterday and I spent the day running up and down the stairs answering the door.  We came home with berries and peaches that had to be taken care of immediately.  There was also a 1/2 full bowl of over ripe pears, a clump of over ripe bananas, a few nectarines going bad, and at least a gallon of tomatoes that needed to be processed.  There was a gallon of plums that needed work and squash to be picked.

     We are trying to eat down out freezer and I needed room to freeze all this fruit.  So I spent the better part of the day in the kitchen.  I blanched and froze two 1/2 gallon bags of tomatoes, I blanched and froze 1 gallon bag of plum 1/2's.  I froze the bananas,  took out a roast for French dips and also chiabota rolls for the same.  We will have these for dinner along with the huge head of cauliflower I cooked up.  Also two containers of applesauce from last year will be eaten this week.  As I was working I cleaned and froze the blueberries we had picked last week and then froze them in 4 quart bags.  I took the 6 peaches and 3 nectarines that were turning and blanched them to remove skins, mixed up pie filling with some left over berries, also made a blueberry and pear pie with the 6 over ripe pears left on counter.  Made up a batch of 8 pie crusts, made two pies and froze the rest of the crusts.  Now the kitchen is a night mare.  So I cleaned that and scrubbed the floor.  Took me a better part of the day.

     We took the missionaries out to dinner at a favorite Pizza place of ours.  Mom went with and she stated out crabby and silent, but the spirit of the boys warmed her little heart.  She enjoyed herself and then enjoyed having a meal out and the left over pizza to take home.  We went home and had peach and blueberry pie.  Yum!

     Hub's and I went and bought a few groceries late last night and then I stayed up and worked on a beaded dress and another bridesmaid dress.  Did not get much sewing done bad me.  I will get that done today.  I really need to put out the work today.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Oh I want some of the peach and blueberry pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we came in from a trip, I never let the suitcases even go up the stairs. I just had the kids empty their suitcases and mine into the floor.
    Do you bead the dresses? All that fruit sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete