We just got back from my cousin's birthday in Seattle and it was a fun quick trip. My little sister drives like a bat out of hell and I was in the backseat getting throw all over in spite of my seat belt. I am home and I am safe and I am still sick to my stomach.
We celebrated mom and Williams birthday in Spokane and it was so cute. He was 1 and she was 84 it was a sweet little family get together.
Things I did last week to save money:
1. Cooked all but one meal from scratch at home
2. Stocked up on cereal again with coupons paying $1.50 or less per box
3. played Albertsons stupid monopoly game and received 4 free cartons of yogurt
4. did a rite aid shop buying 78.12 worth of product for 21.67 I know not as good as Sluggy.
5. Bought a family pack of pork chops enough for 4 meals for $6.88.
6. Bought sewing supplies with coupons
7. purchased a few stocking stuffers at various stores for pennies.
8. refused to go out to dinner AGAIN Friday night while we were at daughters. I knew we would have to pick up the tab so I asked her what she had at home. She had shrimp in the freezer. Great! Had Sis run out for a loaf of french bread.
Shrimp Alfredo from the pantry:
Start package of Alfredo noodles to boil
Daughters shrimp was already cooked and tail removed ( I always by the uncooked as it has more flavor then cook it and remove skins)
1/2 cube butter melt in skillet
chop 1/2 a large onion fine add to melted butter
chop 1/2 whole clove of garlic fine add to butter ( 4-5 sleeves)
cook this until translucent
Add 2 heaping table spoons of flour then some Salt and pepper to taste
add a can of chicken broth
add left over cream from fridge
add milk and stir to a soft boil into a thickened sauce
add shrimp and cook until heated through ( if sauce is too thin toss shrimp in flour before adding to sauce)
add a dash of pepper flakes
add 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese right before serving
Toss a salad and butter some french bread
There a great meal for a .99 cent loaf of french bread. Also plenty of left overs.
Things I did that were stupid with money:
Took mom out to dinner ordered a meal I could not eat that made me sick. Okay it did make mom happy.
Will be altering costumes today for the Celtic show this weekend. I also have several people that have appointments in the shop. Hope to get a little yard work done. Need to pay some bills.
Have a great and productive day!