Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tuesday, Making Progress

     As we near the end of the month and it is hard to believe it is almost April, I have to write that I am really proud of my progress with my bills (debt).

     It has been a tough few months with the weather.  I really depend on the shop for all gas and grocery or extra money.  Pay checks or retirement money pays the bills and the debts.  When you have no cash flow you have to rob Peter to pay Paul.  Since we remodeled the kitchen money has been really tight.  I have been trying really hard to not spend foolishly and to watch my pennies.

     As the shop seems to be back on track I feel more confidant about getting things paid off. Since the first of the year I have paid off several smaller debts, mostly from Christmas, which would have been no debt at all except that the weather closed down the shop.  I also finally paid off the last of daughters wedding.  So listed in the column on the left are things that I have paid in full.

     My next debt I hope to pay is Sears, I hope to have this by the end of the month.  I do have to pay Federal taxes and I must put new tires on the Forester.  If I can get those things accomplished by the end of April I will be pretty darn proud of myself.

     Every month we add over $1000.00 to the principle of our house.  It is amazing to see the numbers fall.  I want so badly to eliminate the studio lock loan and get a significant part of the home improvement loan paid before the end of the year.  I know I will get the lock loan paid.  In addition there are other bills that I pay on monthly.  They will be there for a while.  I feel that once I get the lock paid and the home improvement paid I can go to the Credit union and  get them to give me a signature loan to pay off the remainder of the studio CC which has a higher interest.  In the mean time I will keep plugging along.

     I am making progress, it is slow, but I am blessed with work.  I am blessed with the ability to do the work and for that I am truly grateful.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

10 comments:

  1. Kim, I am sooo proud of you! That is awesome progress! Tight month and you still did very well! Can't wait until you report that Sears is also paid off! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your talents and money handling ability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may admire the talents, I call them skills as any one can learn them but as for money I have made every mistake there is twice! :)

      Delete
    2. Great job.. Proud shop is back and running good. Best wishes with getting bills paid down.. Feels so good to see the numbers go down, doesn't it?
      have a great day.

      Delete
  3. A quick add-on comment....I like your transparency in regards to your debts. I am thinking about doing the same as I hope it will offer encouragement to others digging out of debt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Transparency let's see I have .16 cents in my checking account :)
      thanks anything that helps.

      Delete
    2. If it makes you feel any better, there isn't much left in mine either!

      Delete