Monday, January 29, 2018
Monday, Money saving Madness
My arthritis is flaring especially in my shoulders. I have been having terrible night sweats so I know the disease is on the move. It is hard to sleep with the pain and the waterworks. I think I am going to have to call the doctor and do something. Crap! Just what I need, I keep thinking it will go away.
I will have to do taxes this week along with cleaning my desk and paying bills. You all know how I love to do my taxes. At least it is just the shop and personal. The days of trying to get studio taxes done are over. Yippee! I don't know if we will owe or get back. My accountant says the first two years of retirement are up in the air and then you can plan. The fact that I had two businesses when Hub's retired made things more complicated. Last year we had a refund. I am praying for the same this year.
Struggling today with a little bit of the blues, probably brought on by lack of sleep and arthritis pain. I need to find some way of lifting my spirits. I need to do something, clean something, work on something, do something active. January is a long month for me and I have always had to fight the blues in the winter. Now January has been made significantly shorter with my Sissie coming. February is almost here and the days are getting a little longer, the sun is getting stronger. I just keep telling myself I can do this.
On to Monday's money saving madness the 4th week of January 2018
1. Cooked all but one meal at home.
2. Tried to use up what we had in stock
4. Made a large ham last the week and then some with freezer meals.
5. Stayed out of the stores as much as possible.
6. Passed by many mark down bins and it was still hard.
7. Added several squares to my quilt project from levis I shortened.
8. Used the indoor clothes line to dry many items.
9. Hubs and I unclogged a drain and made arrangements for a friend to come and fix the last little drip. So no plumbing cost.
10.Cleaned out the linen closet (again) and took many things to Good will and made a bag for Hub's cousin of two sets of king size sheets and a dozen assorted pillow cases. We had way too many. I swear linens have sex in the closet and multiply.
11.Sissie made 6 pie crusts to put in my freezer for later use.
12. Finally got a response from cell phone carrier. A lower bill plus a $180.00 credit. Score!
13. Found a very baroque framed mirror that I have been wanting for the dining room. It had to be of good size, the glass had to be beveled, it had to be of good quality. Found the perfect mirror at a thrift store. It was painted blue. I paid $29.00 for a really expensive mirror. Little sis is painting it white for me. I have been looking for this for almost two years. But it pays to wait and get what you want.
14. Finally tweaked the recipe for my wax wraps and made quite a few. I love them and will post pictures tomorrow.
So how was your frugal week? Did you do anything to save money?
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.