We had a mock Christmas with Lil sis's daughter last night and it was lovely. I was up early stuffing a turkey and making a couple of pumpkin pies. Then I went to the airport and brought Sis home. Sis started to make mom's bed and I was sitting on the computer. Mom hollers at me, "get up and help your sister make my bed, you haven't done a thing all morning!" Yes this is my life. All three of us girls had a good chuckle over that one.
Well Sis has been up since 5:30, buzzing around like a bee. I love it, I don't have to buzz I can just be. She will be on mom duty and I will catch up in the shop. Can I tell you the relief I feel? Words cannot express.
Monday Money Saving Madness
- Ate all meals from home.
- Ate from pantry stock with just a few purchases to complete
- Tried to stay out of stores as much as possible
- Ignored after Christmas goodies, the candy and chocolate were hard to pass up.
- Saved at least 1.5 cups of crushed sweetened shredded wheat at the bottom of the bag for muffins later.
- Used cottage cheese and thrift ed containers to take foods to neighbors.
- Pulled pie crusts and frozen pumpkin from the garden to make pies.
- Home made french bread, and pop overs for breads for dinner and breakfasts
- used reusable covers for dishes to cut down on plastic wrap.
- Worked on projects for gifts, with things I had on hand.Used my inside clothesline for many laundry items.
Well I am off to spend a day in the shop, and uninterrupted day in the shop. How will that be? I will tell you tomorrow!
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.