Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wednesday, The duster is gone!

     Well she loved the outfit and I think it will be perfect for officiating a wedding.  This picture makes her look much larger than she is, as she is quite tall. Everything is made out of her husbands shirts.  This will be cute with boots and warm for winter.  She loved it.  The wedding colors are sage green and blue.  Quite the eclectic number.

     I liked the ruffle in the back, she loved it.  You cannot see the detail of all the tags and buttons I pulled off the shirts that are sewn into the robe. So happy to see this out of the house and with the happy owner.

     Kim then hemmed 8 pairs of pants and an emergency bridesmaid dress and I finally started cleaning.  Of course the trash can was full and is at the curb so I have 6 bags of garbage waiting to be taken out.  This downsizing and decluttering leads to so much trash. Something that I am really concentrating on not bringing back into my life.

     The littles are here today and Hubs is at the High School most of the day so I am on my own.  I also feel like I am coming down with a cold.  This is the second day, (you know 3 days coming, three days there, three days gone) Just a scratchy throat, stuffy, drippy nose and a little achy.  I hope it is not a bad one.  I just don't need that right now.

     There is laundry to do and I need to get to Lil sis's tonight to get things dried. I also am going to make up a couple of big batches of cookie dough.  Lil sis will cut out the sugar cookies tomorrow with her friend and then we will frost on Saturday.  I will roll and frost the peppekakor tomorrow.  Hubs cleaned the kitchen yesterday, but it was a hubs clean and I need to get up there and really get things done and put away.

     I had over 17,000 steps on my fit bit yesterday so I was one tired girl last night.  The house is coming along.  I still have three bathrooms and two bedrooms to do before I can call it done.  Then I need to make curtains for the basement. Also have a pillow I want to finish.  When I get the house decorated I will feel like I have accomplished something and then I can concentrate on the baking.

     We are not having Mom's open house this year and I am grateful for that.  This means I will not be doing as much baking.  I will just make the family favorites.  I do miss mom this time of year.  She loved Christmas. All of my decorations are hers (or lil sis's) and they bring back memories.  She loved to bake and it is hard not to have her sitting on the other side of my counter telling me I am doing it wrong.

     I have no idea what I am making for my friend for dinner today and I also need to take one of the littles to dance class before I deliver the dinner.  So I am going to go dig through the freezer and maybe get dressed?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim
    
    

20 comments:

  1. Neat duster! What a cool idea on using the shirts. I am trying to come up with some ideas myself, as Glen had some really neat looking shirts. I'll figure it out eventually.
    You are one busy girl.
    Missing your Momma this time of the year is surely a given. I sure miss mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make pillows. That would be cute and they could button up the front. Then you could snuggle them.

      Delete
  2. You still are so busy! good luck deciding what to make-I think I am picking up take and bake pizza and salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was defrosted pork chops, baked potatoes and green beans, I pulled a dessert out of the freezer also, but now I have no frozen back up meals....n

      Delete
  3. the duster turned out great! - I like the ruffles on the sleeves too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did not like it at all, It looked like a costume to me, but she loved it so who am I to judge.

      Delete
  4. My mom truly loved Christmas too and I miss her this time of year.
    If you want I can sit on the other side of your counter and tell you you're doing it wrong. *snort*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would truly love that. We need to live closer. Rats!

      Delete
  5. LOVE THE DUSTER! Someday, you can add the open house and it will be yours. You mean with all the people you know, no one will tell you that you are doing things wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids and husband do all the time but who is going to give them authority?

      Delete
  6. The dustcoat looks amazing Kim!! I just love the added details you have put in - the lace doilies etc! Love the colours too. You will be so relieved it is all finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super relieved and she paid me well also, so that helps soften the blow a little.

      Delete
  7. That turned out great! I can see how it would take a lot of time. Hope you can fight off that cold, and make it a mild version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually today although I have a cold it is not as bad as yesterday. We will see, as I just got up.

      Delete
  8. The duster is a work of art. Wished I had thought to do that with my late husband's shirts. Won't happen with Hubby as he wears his shirts to threads. LOL
    Decluttering does seem to make a lot of trash. I struggle to see the trash and wonder why we kept it to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Letting go of stuff you have never used or will never use, is hard.

      Delete