I am going to try and start having regular weekly posts on What are you going to do this week to try and save money?
(while you accomplish something.)
You know you have to plan, you can't just wing it and expect to save money. Well you can but it is harder. I really think it takes a little planning. You know how Sluggy plans her meals, and other also do this. Now they don't always stick to the plan but it does help. Do you have a budget of how much you get to spend for the week? Do you know or have on hand what you will cook? Do you have any idea of what you will have to spend for the week and where you can shave off a few dollars?
So these are some of the things that I plan to do this week to try and save money.
1. Cook all meals at home.
2. Use food from freezers and pantries to feed us and use up surplus.
3. Keep thermostat down a few degrees and wear sweaters and use blankets when we watch TV. (It has been an unusually warm winter so far)
4. Have carpet laid in mom's room. Save money, by removing the molding, painting and touching up the paint, painting and replacing new molding.Try and find molding scraps in garage so we don't have to buy any and if we do use a gift card for the purchase.
5. Sew, sew, sew. I have been very lazy, yes lazy, I think paying off the house ruined my work ethic. Like I need to have a fire under my feet to produce.
6. Only go to store for fresh food and milk.
I am pulling Swedish meat balls from the freezer and scrubbing up some garden potatoes,also will pull frozen corn from freezer. This should feed us for at least two meals. Then I will scrounge something else. We have plenty of cheese and boxes of crackers in the storage for snacks.
By the end of the week I hope to return and report what I have accomplished and how it has saved us money.
What things are you going to do?
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.