Here we have a whole week ahead of us to plan and try and save some money or at least make it stretch. This house remodeling or I should say just fixing up is expensive. On top of all my other money saving strategies I am trying to see where I can save with all this mess.
Our handy man brought me another project to work on for him. So that will help with costs. Also trying to sew and get money in will also help. I need to be diligent.
My plans to save money for the week are as follows:
1. cook all meals from scratch at home
2. use pantry items and freezer items to cook with
3. keep grocery store trips to one if any with only essentials purchased.
4. sew, sew, sew
5. follow handyman and ask what I can do to help save myself money (he is older so he does appreciate a hand)
Things I hope to have done by the end of the week:
1. kitchen floor finished
2. mom's bedroom fixed and painted
3. appointment remade for new carpet
4. go through kitchen and touch up paint
5. empty all drawers and closets in mom's room
6. empty all drawers and closet in spare room.
7. start boxing up non essentials in Kitchen and hall closet take to storage
8. make a list of all things that need to be fixed in kitchen with handyman
9. figure out Aunts airline tickets and use points to purchase.
So I have plenty to do, no excuses here not to try and save some money this week, by just working hard.
I was able to clean bathrooms yesterday after my nap and get the laundry done. Took a load to Lil sis's to dry and had a nice visit.
Well I am off to see what I can get done this week. How about you guys? What are you going to do to try and save money? Are you even going to try?
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.