Monday, May 10, 2021

Monday, back in the saddle


 So here we are the tricky trio.  We had a marvelous time together.  We shopped until we dropped and ate lots of chocolate and things that were bad for us. Well I did, Sluggy was much better, and my sister does not eat. It was fun and not long enough.  Now I am home and back to the old grind stone.

I think I might had killed sluggy.  I do this every time we get together.  Like the day in Boston where I had over 15,000 steps on my fit bit and we both fell into bed at the hotel and Slug's had a bad bit of seafood and got food poisoning. SO besides walking ourselves to death she got to worship the porcelain  throne.  Or the time I took her and her husband out on the high prairie in side by side rangers and we hit a flash storm.  Lightning, rain hail, like really dangerous storm, where horses have been hit by lightening and killed.  Good times can only be had when we get together.

There is a lot to do here. Besides the shop which is bombed ( I am grateful) hubs is really busy at the high school and is also in a pit orchestra again so gone nights. I have flowers boxes to get ready and fill.  the garden is not fully planted, the house needs a good clean, (although hubs was good at picking up) also need to get groceries, and catch up on laundry.

I got home late (about midnight) Saturday night and I had a lesson to teach for church on Sunday morning.  I though great I will be able to get a good 8 hours of sleep before I have to get up and review the lesson.  So well laid plans right? Hubs picked me up and said that Schmills had been really sick with a high fever and a bad cold last week and now Kelsa had it and daughter was coming down with it.  They were at the house hoping to celebrate Mother's day with me. Daughter met me at the door with a snot wad (Kelsa) she looked so miserable and daughter was sick.  So I spent  the next 4 hours with a sick baby on my chest (that is the only way she would sleep) she had this snotty raspy breathing that sound like a little pig.  No sleep for grandma. But I turned her over to hubs at 4:30 and slept until 8.  Hubs and I went to church and when we got home daughter was so miserable she had to go home. 

So I packed up the planned dinner and we followed her up to her place put her to bed  and I started to clean and do her laundry.  She was behind due to sick kids and an fussy baby and she had Oliver last week. Cooked dinner and Hubs got Kelsa to take a 2.5 hour nap. Daughter slept all afternoon and did not even get up for dinner. Happy Mother's day to me! But I did get to come home to chocolates and beautiful roses.

  I need to call her today and see how she is. Just called still sick, Nathan stayed home to take care of Kelsa who is doing much better. I sure hope Hubs and I don't get the crud.Hubs said that masks have been taken off at the high school the last two weeks and everyone is getting sick with a flu and a cold.  Great!

Things I would like to get done today: 

1. laundry

2. blue dress

3. green dress

4. call bride about dress being done

5. hem 3 pairs of pants

6. hem a pair of jeans

7. alter a suit for a little person (this one is tough)

8. get potting soil in all flower boxes

9. go to grocery store.

Don't know if I will get through this today but I am surely going to try.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


19 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time. Sorry so many are sick. Hope you don't share in the UGH joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hubs woke up with a cold today, happy I am home.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a much deserved break with a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice, seeing my Sissie and sluggy, so much fun so many laughs.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry that the world went poorly when you were gone. Kim to the rescue! Poor kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah why would I ever make plans? But I love my kids and those babies. Happy to be home.

      Delete
  4. You are what my dearly departed momma would call, a splendid mom, a good egg, and the salt of the earth...all compliments!!!!!! So glad you had a great time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Double up on the Vitamin D pronto! Miss you and Sissie too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean vitamin C as in diet coke?

      Delete
    2. No Vitamin D...diet coke is optional. ha!
      And why am I only half a face in your photo??

      Delete
  6. So glad you had a wonderful vacation!
    Sorry that you came back to sickness, and I hope that you and dh stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hubs woke up with cold this morning so I don't know if I will avoid it, but I hope I do.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a fabulous trip! Hope you stay well & healthy, & catch up on life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catch up is the super phrase here, the shop is crazy!!!!!

      Delete
  8. I know you are tired after all that fun and then a sick baby. Catching up will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes hilarious if you were here I would put you to work.

      Delete