Saturday, May 29, 2021

Saturday, Lots going on here! Paid off the car!

Kelsa Kayanne playing money.

 Well things have been hopping here since the kids arrived about noon yesterday.  I was just finishing up paying the bills and by the way I got the car paid off so no more car debt.  We took out a 4 year loan at 0 percent in June of 2018 and paid it off one year and a month early.  SO other than the house I just have one more debt to pay off and I may have enough for that, just don't have time to figure it out today.

 D#2 called us as soon as D#1 arrived and asked us to come up to Union town and get her two as she was watching Oliver and needed to take a shower and had to be at a theater at 3 p.m.  Her dance recital is this weekend so both she and Hubs are really busy.

  We ran up and got them and I rushed home to fix that costume I had forgotten about.  We took clothes for Schmills and Kelsa to spend the night here so D#2 could just go home late and then get back to the theater without worrying about kids.

James and Schmills who are a month a part are very busy and they can make a mess faster than any two I have ever seen.  I have loaded my dish washer twice in 24 hours. We have also done several loads of laundry as Kelsa decimated our bed last night. Both Schmills and James were in trouble for being destructive something they would never do at home but get them together and Nelly bar the door!.  D#2 stopped by late last night and I just knew she would have an armful of costumes to fix and she did not disappoint.

I had to pancake a tutu  and move buttons and take in a costume and tailor tack a fringe. There is a show at 1 today and at 7.  We will go to the 7 p.m. show.  Hubs will work the afternoon show and then be home this evening.

I made homemade french toast and bacon for breakfast and we are having leftover pizza for lunch. Have no idea what we are having for dinner, but have tomorrow's meals planned so I had better get working on that.

I am telling you it has been none stop cleaning here, these kids just explode with dirt and crap.  I know our youngest is getting a hotel tonight  with a pool so we will have somewhere to keep these boys entertained.  With only have one spare room I cannot take on the whole family anymore. But we have lots of options.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim


22 comments:

  1. Super congrats on paying off the car!!!!!! WOOHOO!!
    Sounds like a wild and crazy day at your house! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a wild and crazy weekend here and I am enjoying it, but am a little tired.

      Delete
  2. She is a cute lil thing!!!! Congrats on the car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you she is so tiny it is almost scary. She does these 9 month things and you think she is a new born.twm

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know. Now Hubs needs a new to us truck as his is still a stick shift and it will not pull anything. But that is an adventure for the future.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on paying off the car. My mother had three under three visit there and cause chaos. Only on hindsight can I see how it was for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is so much work but I don't mind as I love to see the kids.

      Delete
  5. Yay! on the car. Now get that house paid off and come on a cruise with me.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats wonderful regarding the car paid off Kim!! Well done ...sometimes I feel exhausted just reading your posts & all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exhausted in fact I shipped the kids and hubs off today, so I could clean, bathe, and blog.

      Delete
  7. She's so petite. Kids keep you hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Hoo!! Congrats on paying off the car!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I am pretty proud of myself and really don't know how we did it?

      Delete
  9. Such a cutie!! Congrats on paying off your car. That always feels so good. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fantastic to pay off your car! Mortgage next ;). One of the best parts of being mindful of money and paying off debts is that you will get to retirement and find peace! My husband and I got to retirement with zero debt and after years of paying attention to our income and spending, we find we don’t have money worries in retirement. Years of practice leads to a stress reduced retirement! Something for you and your husband to look forward to ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really found that already in a way. I just don't worry about things the way I used to. We have so little debt compared to before and we have way more money.

      Delete
  11. Congrats on paying the car off. Might want to work on less destruction in the house... I take it your kids weren't close in age LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mine weren't the oldest was 8 when the second was born and the second ws 5 when the youngest was born.I always had a child in school before I had another baby (that lived) so it was like having 3 families in a way. But I made it nice for college tuition. As the eldest was in for 7 years with a law degree3, then the second 5 with her dental degree, then the baby took 5 to double major and we were done. Hurrah! I need a crown.

      Delete