Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Tuesday, about to give up


 Signe' took all the kids but Oliver last night to her place and I was finally able to get 4 dresses done.  Three have been picked up and the 4th will be later today.

Now I have 5 more that I want to get done today.  So far all I have done was fit three new brides, changed dirty pants, made homemade popsicles, and tried to stay ahead of the storm.  

My kitchen floor has that thwack, thwack sound. Hubs took the 4 littles to the park, and I hope the two youngest come back asleep.  I think Signe' is off work early today and she can take everyone to the pool along with grandpa and I can get something done.

I have kind of given up on the house. I tried getting up this morning and going through the house picking up things that did not belong.  I was counting the objects as I was trying to encourage myself through the mess that I used to call my home.  After I got to object 100, I gave up.  This is the way it is.

I have to run mail packages to my brother's girls and drop off two almond cakes that I made last night for a funeral tomorrow.  Then try and get back here to get something done.  Yeah, I was sewing frantically last night until after 10.  Then doing hand work after I got the cakes in the oven and out by 11:15. Tired I was.

But am I loving these grand kids?  You bet!

They grow up way too fast the little buggers.

So just when am I going to get to mop that kitchen floor?  Anyone want to guess?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

14 comments:

  1. Don’t wear yourself out mopping the kitchen floor, Kim. I’m glad to read you are enjoying your grandchildren. That is way more fun than housework. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mop AFTER kids are gone! No sense cleaning until then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you love your grandchildren more than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hate that sound. It is even worse if I try to go barefoot. Throw some flower on it so the sound will quit once it is dampened...lol. Have you ever seen those slippers with what looks like short mop strings and you put those on your feet so you can clean by shuffling your feet? We need those! I always said I should get those for my kids. They will be big soon. I suppose you can sew then and have clean floors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was supposed to be "throw flour" on it so the floor would not be sticky. Of course, it was a joke since flour would just be gunky. Oh, doesn't your dog lick the floor clean?

      Delete
  5. Yep, scrub floor later, enjoy kids now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. With our kids out of the house this week, I'm amazed at how clean the house has stayed. It's glorious!

    Enjoy the kid time, and squeeze in the mopping when they are gone. Hope you have a productive sewing day today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time passes by so quickly, enjoy the babies while they're little.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best lesson I ever learned from my mom was, "Cleaning can wait." She paid us kids to do the cleaning when we were old enough!

    Enjoy the time with the grandkids, Kim! They'll be glad you did when they are older. I wish I could go back and thank my grandparents (all dead 25+ years now) for all the cool things they did with me and taught me.

    Happy 4th of July long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No nee posts recently, I hope all is okay with you and the family. Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, the housework will always be there waiting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Housework can always be done another day (I do that a great deal) but the grandchildren are only small once.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are ok and just having a fabulous time with your family. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete