As I don't have time to order thread, I just bought three spools at the quilt store. They were $20.00 a piece as opposed to 5.00 thread sold at hobby lobby. Now if I had ordered it I probably would have paid 10.00 a spool, but the small quilt store adds a klondike mark up and I can't blame them.
I have not threaded the serger yet, so I will keep you in suspense. All I know is that I am 62.43 cents poorer.
I keep trying to get caught up on bridesmaid dresses of mothers of the bride dresses, but I think I need to give up as at least 2-3 come in every day. But eventually this has to slow I think...
I want to make sour cream cookies tomorrow and I am making eggplant parm to take up to Gaylords. Tomorrow, I have no clients scheduled and I hope to keep it that way.
I am getting few blogs back but not all, how is it going for you guys?
God is good.
Kim
I think I would have returned the serger for a different one. That is crazy. Hon, it is past the middle of September, and holiday weddings will be coming soon, so I see no relief coming. You just need to start saying NO again!
ReplyDeleteYou really want to be able to enjoy the holidays and not be crazy busy.
I am starting to see 'some' blogs back updated on the blogroll - not all, but some.
If I can just get all the little person clothing out, I will feel like I conquered a mountain
DeleteSporadic on blogs showing in my reading list. Your's did for today.
ReplyDeleteI really don't know what algorithm blogger is using to choose what goes where. I thought it was more of our choice thing.
DeleteHi Kim ... still just some blogs showing up but not all of them.
ReplyDeleteGosh I was shocked regarding the thread (& the cost!!!). I must admit I just use generic thread on my overlocker too. Mine hasn't given me any issues but it wouldn't get the use that your one does. I hope the new thread sorts it for you. xx
Well, I am going to thread the darn thing in a minute so I can report tomorrow!
DeleteI am seeing a lot of blogs. Just not sure if the others are posting or not
ReplyDeleteI hope mine are back, I feeel lost.
DeleteSporadically the blogs are reappearing on my sidebar. Still there are quite a few that I need to click on the blog title in order to get the newest post.
ReplyDeleteThat is a shocking amount to pay for that thread. I do use probably the middle of the road thread on all my machines.
God bless.
Well, I will never buy a self-threading machine again that is for sure.
DeleteThe other day you mentioned that the relationship with Gaylord is strictly platonic. Kim, you KNOW men don't drive 30 miles to mow a woman's lawn if they aren't interested. He is holding back for reasons of his own, but when he decides to act...watch out! (in a good way).
ReplyDeleteOh it is past platonic that is for sure. But I am a woman with a strict set of morals and that might turn into a problem. Every form of refuge has a price.
DeleteOf course your machine will only take the expensive thread. That's how they get us! I've had a few blogs show up in my list tonight. Yay!
ReplyDeleteBut 63.24 for three spools?
DeleteAh the gotcha's keep coming don't they.
ReplyDeleteI read Maxine's comment and might have to agree with it!
Well there is more to divulge...
Delete