Woke at 5:30 this morning with a splitting headache and just general achy all over. All my major joints were not happy. I ran a very hot bath and soaked for about 20 minutes. Sissie knocked on the door and asked if I was okay. Well not drowned yet, but it did make me feel better.
Just had a wedding dress picked up and I will be starting on another one. But first I have two pairs of little person pants to complete and three zippers to replace. Also, at least three more bridesmaid dresses.
There is plenty to do and that makes me happy. But then again having nothing to do would make me happy,
Have to pick kids up again today and I will stay up in Colton and make dinner for everyone. I was going to do shrimp pasta but decided on bitesize steak and shrimp with a salad and vegetable. Just don't feel like pasta today.
I am sure it is my arthritis with the change in the weather. Funny how your body is affected by the seasonal change. I usually make bread or rolls but I am just going to stop and get a baguette. I don't feel like baking today.
Sissie got a large bunch of sewing done and I am happy about that. Did you know that you cannot buy patterns anymore? At least not in this town. Sewing is really a thing of the past. I think that is scary.
Cheryl, at Cheryl's frugal corner was blogging about saving money on groceries. You can now buy large shrimp or prawns here for less money than ground beef. That is shocking. But I can still whip up a meal for far less by making a salad myself, buying a beef roast at 50% off and cutting it myself. Broccoli and winter veggies are .99 a lb this week so I will buy quite a bit and make it last. Treats are made from scratch. I will even make my shrimp cocktail sauce from scratch.
The prices are shocking but if you think ahead and strategize you can eat well for much less.
Anyway, I am off, (more than a little)
God is good
Kim
I only cherry pick the grocery stores and when there is a great bargain, I stock up. Of course great bargains rarely happen now, but they still do sometimes.
ReplyDeleteMy left hip and right ankle are screaming at me today and it's not fun. I have to run a couple of additional errands and then I am putting on grungy clothes and smearing on the Voltaren
Sorry you weren't feeling well. Somedays just screams STOP! You need a rest, as you go and go.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out - yep, prices are up, but like Anne said - I shop the deals and clearance only, and I have a nice stock on hand for the other stuff.
We can do it if we stick to our guns.
REST!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely weather change related fir me. My hip has been angry. Yes, changing up meals based on best prices is what everyone's doing it seems. Rareky do I buy for a specific meal unless edges like a baguette.
You can buy patterns at simplicity.com. They have mccall's, vouge, butterick, burda...all the usual suspects. They have sales of 5.99 each. Right now they're having a 5.99 sale of vintage patterns. Remember Gunne Sax?
ReplyDeleteBoy I miss the days of .99 sales. And boy, do I miss Joann's.
Signed, Tess , a longtime lurker who loves to sew
Hello, Sweet Lady! Headaches are the worst. The weather can indeed make my bones unhappy. You are such an inspiration with everything you do. So glad we are friends! Feel better!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely the aches and pains are from the weather changes. I sometimes get a headache when the barometer changes drastically. Fuel here today is up to $1.80 a liter so over $7 an American gallon. If we go Imperial which is what we are in Canada it would be closer to $9. Really will need to combine as many errands as is humanly possible and walk when I can to pick things up.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
The price of beef is outrageous! Cindy in the South
ReplyDelete