Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday, people are honest!

     I really slept late yesterday and it was so nice.  Daughter was home and she was getting ready for work and was shocked to see that I was still in bed.  She asked if I was alive.  It just felt so nice and warm, like I was in a cocoon.  But I had decided to check out the quality of the ham burger I had bought on sale so I made myself get UP!  

     I made a huge pot of home made spaghetti sauce enough for 10 meals.  The meat was great very little fat.  So went back to the store and bought enough to make 12 dozen Swedish meatballs and two meat loafs.  Then when I went to freeze them I found 12 frozen bananas and all these 1/2 bags of nuts, coconut, chocolate chips,butterscotch chips, raisins, from last time I baked.  I also found apples pie filling that needed to be used.  So after the meat was cooling I baked an apple pie, three loaves of banana bread, and 2 pumpkin pies.  I did up a double batch of crusts and froze 5 extras for pumpkin pies later, as we have 35 pumpkins left on our back porch. I also made about 4 dozen cowboy cookies to use up the left over bake goods. But I swear all I did was dishes.  I was cooking from noon until 7 last night.  But the freezer is full.  We have plenty of burger, meatballs, meatloaf, fish, and chicken.  I am also making a big bone in Ham today, so we will have plenty of left overs for soups and sandwiches and omelets. I also bought a huge package of thick sliced bacon and split it into 7 packages.  We are set for meat for a at least 3 months.

     Boy was I tired.  Daughter came home from work and asked me to help her put together some gifts for her sorority.  I was a little too tired to be going out both physically and mentally but I get to spend so little fun time together just the two of us and I wanted to get some sweet potatoes.  We went to the dollar store, Joanns, and Wal mart.  I paid for my purchase at Wal-mart and we went home.

    Now I had done a very stupid thing earlier in the day.  I pulled out my gas and money envelope with a little over $400.00 in it to go get gas and pick up more meat.  I always just take what I need and never the whole envelope.  But I was in a hurry and I had things in the oven.  Well I forgot I had this money in my purse and when we got home NO PURSE!  Daughter called Wal-mart and we immediately turned around to go back.  I was just too tired to think and be out.  I was so angry with myself for putting that money in.  If It had just been my purse I would have cancelled the two CC cards and gotten a new license.  Now I was out about $300.00 Hard earned by the way!

     Before we got off the phone Wal-mart had said they had a purse turned in from a cart in the lot, but they would give us no description.  I could not believe I would leave my purse in the cart.  It was dark out and the purse is a dark green avocado leather, but it is huge.  When we got there it was my purse and all the money and cards were in it!  Can you believe that?  I am so grateful that people are honest. You can only imagine my relief when they handed me the purse.

     There is an angel out there and I just wish I could thank them.  I learned a lesson however.  Don't go shopping when you are exhausted.

I need to go up and practice my music for today!

Have a restful and peaceful Sabbath.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. That is so great that you got your purse back and nothing missing! I can imagine how relieved you were! All that baking you did is making me hungry. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful that somebody was honest and returned all of it! Now can I come and shop in your freezer?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this homemade food makes me so hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you were very, very lucky and there are some honest people out there......me!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God for honest people!!! And you put my cooking from last week to shame! Now go get some rest


    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad it was returned with nothing missing! It may be way outdated but that is why I still use a fanny pack, as I am horrible about leaving purses behind if they are not physically attatched to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My God!!!! I would have had a stroke if I lost my purse! Thank the Lord for the honest person that found your purse and left it intact!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank goodness! I would have been crying all day if that happened to me.

    And your cooking....you and Judy are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really refreshing that there are still people out there that are honest. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm so glad you got your purse and money back untouched! It's amazing how kind some folks can be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, that really sucks. I'm so glad you got your purse and money back. Do get some rest! I can only admire that volume of cooking.

    ReplyDelete