Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday, So busy!

     The shop was so busy yesterday I barely had time to breath!  So I did not get as much done as I wanted.  But I will hit the shop hard today.  I am on my last load of laundry so that is an accomplishment.  I still need to look at the books and I will do that right after I finish this blog.  Then I need to sew, sew, sew.

     My brother is having family drama and I know I will be pulled into help.   I would normally refuse but this involves his two young sons from his first marriage.  I cannot allow them to live in a bad situation.  It angers me that the mother always gets the children even when she is unfit.  But I think this time he will be able to get custody as she has gone over the line.  I just wonder how much it is going to cost!  I usually try to stay out of this, but my mothers health is so bad and she cannot handle the stress either emotionally or financially. 

  I will keep you posted as the situation develops.  These young people have needed to be in a stable environment for years.

     It was nice to come home from teaching last night and have dinner made and the kitchen cleaned up.  Hubby just has so many meals done up in the freezer.  So glad I did a power cooking Saturday as hard as it was.  We have been cleaning that bank full time again to make up for the days that we were gone to Gettysburg.  It is about killing me!  We have three more nights.  Funny how quickly I got used to not cleaning 6 nights a week.  It is such a drag.  I realize now how important it is for my metal state to not have to do this every night.  It is not hard.  But it is one more thing always hanging over me.  But it sure was nice when we were in Gettysburg to tell my boss to call the other person who splits the contract with us.  I texted him and said, "We are not the only ones responsible any more.  We are on vacation contact the other party and have them take care of the problem."  That felt so good as before I would have had a sub and ultimately would be blamed for anything that went wrong.  Every time we left town there was  a complaint.  Well now I am not responsible.  Nice!  If the parking lot is left dirty, it is the other party.  If it is too dusty other party.  We clean three days, so 4 nights of the week we are not there.  That means we share responsibility and I will not be badgered or harried any more for a stupid cleaning contract.

     Getting mean in my old age!

Out My Window:  Really windy today and that is good as it will clean the rest of the smoke out of the air!

Have a great and productive day!

6 comments:

  1. NOT getting mean in your old age.....just getting tired of the bullshit and refuse to be shat upon anymore.
    Woohoo!

    I've been doing laundry today too....and organizing my toiletry drawers again as daughter has been in them making a disaster!ugh
    Hubs is home all week and after the daughter blew through here like a tornado, he turned to me and asked, "When is she moving out again?" Oh, the joys of having her living away from home at college.....wish she had stayed in that school past her freshman year..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the young ones get to a good resolve, whatever that may be... and that it doesn't come with a big price tag for you or your brother. I can't imagine how you also have to clean the bank 6 nights a week. That'd definitely take more dedication than I think I have in me. I'm glad you've cut back. Those mental health breaks are important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been working like a mad woman in the last two days too. I have tons of translating that needs to be done by the end of the week. But at least I'll get paid for it :) I hope your brother will get a custody of his boys and they will have a more stable home finally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the tip on the wonder under! I will definitely use that next time I applique anything. This is my first time visiting your blog and I am absolutely going to be following along. Debt is accumulating like crazy over here as my husband finishes up school... can't wait to learn from you and formulate a more financially free future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the situation with your brother gets resolved and it doesn't add any stress to you.
    Sounds like you have been busy. I don't know how you keep up with everything you do!
    You shouldn't have to put up with the bank manager anymore, Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything goes well with your brother and his children. And as for the bank I am glad you are not taking sole responsibility for it anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete