Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday,back from the East, with a goal for the week

     We had a wonderful time.  Taking 6 people touring over part of the east coast, had its ups and down.  But mainly ups.  As hubs and I have been there many times we were the guides.  I love D.C. and the surrounding area and could hike and tour forever.

     I was a little tired as I was fighting my cold, but I made it through.  By the 8th day I was about to collapse.  It was like a forced march every day.  And I did not want to be a party pooper.  We laughed so much but Hub's and I realized if we had gone by ourselves we would have seen so much more.  When you involve more people you have to consider their needs and time frame.  Would I do it again? You betcha!

         My favorite day was spent in Scranton at the coal mines and Steam Town museum.  The Poconos were at full color for fall leaves.  It was more beautiful than I could imagine.  I also was able to see Sluggy!  She looked great and I wish I had been able to spend more time with her but that will come someday.  She and her hubby took us out to breakfast which was unnecessary , they are very generous.  My family loved them,  who wouldn't?  Sluggy's husband has dreamy brown eyes.  All of us women agreed, the best... watch him close Sluggy.

     Now I am home and I have to face the music.  Yikes!  As in pay some bills and take a very realistic look at our finances.  I also need to get to work and turn over some money.  I needs the dough.

     My sister is an awesome hostess.  So coming home to my own meals and laundry is a bummer.  I am unpacked but need to do a mountain of laundry.

My goal for the week is to deep clean and purge our master bedroom and bath.  I need to swap our winter and summer clothes.  I am going to be ruthless.  I just have way too much and it is ridiculous.  I will blame my sister, who buys me so much stuff.

    My chickens and dog missed me!
Sending Hub's out for chicken food.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim







2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great trip. Sluggy and Mr. Sluggy are great! I hope to see them again when they mosey this way.
    The best and worst thing about traveling is getting back home. It feels good to be home but it sucks to be back in reality with dirty laundry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I am swimming upstream, to no where right now.

      Delete