Monday, February 19, 2018
Monday, late post, money saving madness
Our daughter was doing much better when I left. She was on an anti viral for over 48 hours and that seemed to help. We had a great time with out sweet little grandson. I did some cooking and left her with some things to eat this week. They are still working on a leak repair in their basement , so everything is really torn up. We could not due much to help them with this until the work is finished. But just having mom time helped both of us. We got out twice by ourselves and it was so nice.
Because we left earlier than we thought we would due to the roads, I left almost every room 1/2 done. I have clothes to put away in the master bedroom, the spare room did not get made up. Moms room still had the sheets off the beds. So I came home to a mess. So far I have only made up mom's bed. After this blog I will get all the other things done so the house in cleaned up. At least every room was started, so it shouldn't take too long. Then I need to take stock of the week ahead. I wish there was more work in the shop, but I know it is coming.
Monday, money saving madness Feb.11-18th 2018
1. Used my clothes line to dry heavy flannel shirts and bedding
2. Ate out of pantry for all meals
3. Made homemade shortbread for Valentines day
4. Cooked a nice steak dinner for hub's with everything on hand.
5. Garnered a few freebies at Albertsons monopoly game. Not nearly as good as last year, but free is free. A donut for mom, free gravy mix, free coffee cups (gave to sister) since I am not buying things I don't need I did not get any new coupons, so this year is kind of a bust.
6. Reused plastic containers, jars and wax wraps.
7. Spent noting at Joann's!!!!!!!!
8. Made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce, gave away two large jars and froze two large portions.
9. Was able to put my denim scrap quilt together, now I have to tie it.
10. Continued to work on embroider projects.
11. went to Wal greens with daughter and found green olives for .18 a jar, also gravy mix for .4, Marsala mix for .54. I bought everything they had and it cost $6.42. I normally am not a mix girl but for that price, I can doctor it up with fresh ingredients.
It was not a huge money saving week, but I am not really shopping just conserving and it is really starting to help the bottom line.
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.