Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Wednesday, Is the party over?

          I have two wedding dress redo's in the shop as I write.  One is 70 years old and it is soaking in the slop sink in biz right now.  It will remain there for another day and then be rinsed and hung to dry.  The second is only about 25 years old and just needs to be altered, but I did wash and soak the veil and it came out sparkling white.  I have another fully beaded gown coming in on Thursday. So it looks like the slow times are coming to an end.

     I really love to recondition older dresses, it is such a creative process. Wedding dresses bring in good money but I still prefer the quick simple alterations, like hems and such.  It is better money in a faster turn over.

     I have to completely strip out the guest room and throw away the pillows and buy new. The pillows are flat and not comfy, so this is a must with company coming.  That will leave me with plenty of laundry today, plus a little shopping.  I think I have a gift card to TJ Maxx, for the pillows.  I need to take mom out again for meds. I will also take her to do a little grocery shopping.

     The Wednesday sale adds were not very good.  They have not been good for a while.  But one store does have ground beef on sale, and also asparagus is $1.29 a pound, and oranges are way down, so I will go get a few things.  I need to take stock of the storage and see what I am short on.  Hub's wants a potatoes salad made and I am going to put a beef stew in the crockpot. 

     I need to dig in the sewing/craft closet for red yarn to tie the car quilt I am making.  I will just string the thread and mom will tie it.  That is something she can still do mostly by feel and she will love that.

     I will take some stew down to my neighbor and check on them, and I just got a call to take in a meal to another family tomorrow.  So I will make a big stew. Also throw together a cake for the masses.
    
     So there is plenty to keep me busy around here the problem is that I am achy.  I had a hard time sleeping last night with arthritis acting up in shoulders and elbows.  I also feel like my soft palette is full and I have a slight headache.  So I am going to watch these symptoms and see where they lead.  In the mean time, I will quit whining.😄

Have a great and productive day, staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

16 comments:

  1. Hey! Did I miss the party?
    Story of my life it seems.........
    Now I can't get that song out of my head so thank you for that!

    Now you must wake up, all dreams must end
    Take off your makeup, the party's over
    It's all over, my friend
    la da da da dee da, la da da da daaa....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hear you singing, now take the lamp shade off your head...

      Delete
    2. FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH

      Life indeed is GRACE, I'am Daan Sophia currently in California USA. I would like to share my experience with you guys on how I got a loan of $185,000.00 USD to clear my bank draft and start up a new business. It all started when i lost my home and belongings due to the bank draft I took to offset some bills and some personal needs. I became so desperate and began to seek for funds at all means. Luckily for me I heard a colleague of mine talking about this company, I got interested although i was scared of being scammed, I was compelled by my situation and had no choice than to seek advise from my friend regarding this very company and was given their contact number, getting intouch with them really made me skeptical due to my past experience with online lenders, little did i know this very Company "PROGRESSIVE LOAN INC. was a godsent to me and my family and the entire Internet World, this company has been of great help to me and some of my colleague and today am a proud owner of well organized business and responsibilities are well handled all thanks to Josef Lewis of (progresiveloan@yahoo.com).. So if really you are genuinely in need of a loan either to expand or start up your own business or in any form of financial difficulty, i advise you give Mr Josef Lewis of Progressive loan the opportunity of financial upliftment in your life Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565 and not fall victim of online scam in the name of getting a loan. thanks


      Delete
  2. I have heard animal shelters like pillows as donations. I would be afraid to hang a 70 year old, wet wedding dress, afraid the stress would stress the shoulder seams too much. I have never used Biz, but I may have to try it as it seems to work miracles. Is it better than oxi-clean? I'm with you on liking the makeover/redo process but hems would bring money in faster!
    I once took in pants to hem and cut off the cuff instead of rehemming with a cuff still. !!!! Woman was not upset at all. I thought I was going to have to unhem, shorten and reattach cuffs. Nope. whew! I am glad your mother has a job to do. When I go to doctor and mention problem with soft palate, dr looks at me like I lost my mind. I don't think many people mention soft palate to doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have washed and hung many a dress, but I check for rot first. Biz has phosphates in it and is not sold in several states, but it is the best. I know people who travel over state lines to get it. Your soft pallets can store excess nasal drip and hold in infection.

      Delete
    2. I didn't know that. thanks. I complain that the soft palate feels hard, or swollen, or makes me choke or not talk right. Is there anything I can do to clear it out on my own.

      I will check for biz at WM. In the meantime, oxiclean has cleaned anything I have used it for, but it is good to know what Biz is and can do.

      Delete
    3. You can try using a neti pot to clear out and keep the sinuses clear. Check at Dollar Tree, they sell a 'yeti pot' and solution for a $1.

      Delete
  3. I would love to see a pic of the 70 year old dress when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope one of my girls dors something with my dress nut neing from 1987 just too much for modern styles. I too would love to see the 70 year old dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if the time comes send me a picture and let's see what can be done.

      Delete
  5. I do hope you are feeling better today my friend. (((((HUGS)))) My mother made my wedding dress and she altered and recreated Heather's mother's wedding dress for Heather and Chris's wedding. I had huge amounts of admiration for anyone that can sew wedding dresses, alter and recreate them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually love the work and it does bring in good money.

      Delete
  6. When my daughter married, she asked if she could use my wedding dress. No, it won't fit. I am 4 inches taller and the dress was a lace sheath. We are different body types altogether, and she weighed about 50 lbs more than I did when I married. I could have used bits of it for a dress for her, but she was not a sewer and did not want to have something made and then just use bits of mine. I was very sad for that. The younger daughter is short, too, and large busted. So, unless I have a tall grandchild who wants to use it, it will not be used at all. I made it 52 years ago, and still have it only because I made it.

    ReplyDelete