|Hi my name is Rosco/Ringo I will not hold still.|
Beach bread trays, Carpese' 4 trays
double batch of Frog eye salad
double batch of shrimp salad
200 dipped strawberries
2 packages of dipped pretzel rods
double batch of tabbouleh salad
double batch of spinach salad
Each of these salads could feed a good crowd and we just had a small amount of a few salads left. So we gauged the foods right on the money. My brother in law had purchased a small amount of a shrimp salad from a deli for us to eat while we were cooking. It was $12.96 for the 4 of us. We made all these salads for around $100.00. We were able to take back chocolate. I cannot imagine what it would have cost to buy all this premade. Another brother in law cooked brisket. We had hot dogs for the kids. Hub's pulled 150 potatoes out of a cellar and scrubbed them and wrapped them. We only had 3 potatoes left. So we were all pleased with the food outcome. All of hub's 5 brothers and sisters were there. Mom and dad have 25 grandchildren and 72 greats with more on the way. Many friends who were still alive came from the small town of Wieser Id. to celebrate with them. It was beautiful
I had ladies from my church come in and watch mom for three days at Lil sis's place and she really enjoyed this, so it looks like the transition into having someone come in and care for her on a regular basis will be easier. She love the company.
I was able to see all of my daughters and my grandsons. The girls and Hub's bought me a very wonderful Mother's Day gift. A new puppy! It is a pure bred Welsh Corgi. Hub's niece breeds them. I was so surprised.
Sleeping after tearing out my rug project.
|See my short stumpy legs, I am not so sure about those stairs|
I thought the girls were crazy. I am so busy and I have mom and Hub's and now a puppy, but I think with Hub's help and mom's joy it will be fine.
Monday money saving madness, May 6th-13th 2018
1. We traveled to Nampa in our car instead of the truck as originally planned saving about $60.00 on gas.
2. We did not have any expensive restaurant meals out the whole time we were gone. We chose to get fast food, or split a sandwich at the store both there and back.
3. We had breakfast at hotel on Mother's day paid for.
4. We ate breakfast at Hub's mom for three days and then ate dinner there at night.
5. We made tons of food for party to save money on costs
6. I brought back a huge bag of rhubarb to process and freeze.
7. I altered a skirt and a dress for myself that were already in my closet never worn.
8. I bought my first item of clothing for the year. A navy blue short sweater to wear over my sleeveless dress. It was 30% off at Talbots plus I had a $25.00 coupon. So sweater was under $25.00.
9. Trans planted many seedlings in garden that came up from last year.
10. Came home to a beautiful flower arrangement from the neighbors for mothers day.
I have already had a bride in today and I need to go to Joanns, for material for the recital this weekend. Mom also need s some things. I plan on working in the yard after I get back until dark. That garden is going to get planted if it kills me.
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.