Thursday, May 17, 2018

Thursday, get it done.

     We have had a none stop deluge of rain for the last two days.  Puppy does not like to go potty on wet grass.  I hope he gets over this.  He is a smart little thing and does know the word no, so that helps. There are many, many potty trips here.:)

     Yesterday was busy.  I made up four pans of chicken enchiladas.  I froze two and gave one to neighbor.  I have enough left overs for today.  So dinner is covered.  After this blog post I am going into the shop and not coming out until I have two night shirts completed. I need to run to the studio and get another costume and also take mom's wedding ring into the jeweler.  The studio and the jeweler are next to each other so I will combine that trip.

     I had 10 bridesmaid dresses come in yesterday, so no end in sight for work which is good.  I just wish I could get to the paying work.  But next week will come.

     When I was in the shop yesterday waiting for customers to change I did quite a bit of ironing, so the basket is getting smaller.  I didn't dare work on the nightshirts as there were just to many distractions.  I also took an 1.5 hour nap after dinner and then hit the shop and worked on costumes.
I also took mom to Walmart for a few things, milk, sour cream etc. It is so much work to get her to the car and into the car and then into a wheel chair, let alone shop pushing her and then back out to repeat the process.  Who needs a gym membership?


     There is a tech rehearsal that starts at 4:00 which is early but at least we won't be there late.  I need to pull adult costumes for the ballroom scene.  I wasn't sure what era the owner wanted.

     Well I am off to get through the day and complete what has to be done and maybe a bit more.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim
    



12 comments:

  1. As usual, you are way too busy my friend. I pray those 10 bridesmaid dresses are paid things to get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. Time for the new studio owner to do this on her own. She never will if you keep enabling! So she has a few stumbles. We all do that in life when we are learning something new. Let it go, Kim!

      Delete
    2. Yes all those dresses are paid work and the wedding is not until August so no huge rush although I will get them done next week as more will come in. And I actually have a contract with the High school where I mend uniforms, and pull costumes for other schools and theaters. I do get paid for this work. I also love to teach and I love my students. When the studio is paid for I will be much more ready, trust me.

      Delete
  2. What a busy life you have. I always wished I could sew well but I was never very good at it.

    You are a good to your mother. My sister is experiencing taking a good friend out and she has wheel chair also so I know how hard it is on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am sure this pushing of wheel chairs has contributed to my 17 lb weight loss since Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Do you use puppy pads? My dogs are 10 and 11 years old, but they still use puppy pads when it's wet outside. Yes, they are spoiled. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wear me out lol! You would think my life is so quiet and boring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well someday my life will be quiet and boring. Right now it is much less stress than it was two years ago.

      Delete
  5. You are getting alot of work accomplished.. Happy for you.. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you only have to alter, not completely make 10 dresses. That seems a bit overwhelming to me. I'm quite good at sewing, but not comfortable at altering, except very simple things. I'm sure it's a learned skill, and I admire you for having it. Even though I like to sew very much, I think it would take tremendous discipline for me to sit down long enough to do 10 of anything. Except eat 10 M and M's or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete