Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday, putzing and putting away

Well I did get through the mail this morning and I am up earlier than usual due to the jet lag time change thing. I had to go to bed earlier than I normally do also as I was falling asleep sitting up last night.

Hubs and I went to the bank and I paid $1000.00 extra on our mortgage so that goal is complete foe the month.  This is a sacred goal with me and the others may slide but this one I will do.

Then we went to the grocery store, I had $59.00 left in the food budget for the week.  Boy does money go fast when you are shopping.  We bought milk and cereal and fresh fruit, yogurt, cheeses, one loaf of bread and salad fixings.  Came to $48.00.  So I will have a carry over of 11.00 for next week.  But we have plenty of food so we will be fine until we have to go to the store again.

     I just made pancakes for breakfast as there is 1/2 gallon of spoiled milk upstairs.  I will make muffins or something else to use up the rest.  I plan on making banana bread today and ww bread.  We need to go visit the 7 missionary couples next week and I like to take a treat with us when we go.  So I have all the old frozen bananas out to thaw.

     I have unpacked the suitcase and taken it downstairs, but nothing from it is put away yet.  It is all over the bed in the master bedroom.  I need to get two boxes ready to ship.  One to my grandsons and daughter and one to my brother's girls.  They will be Valentine boxes.  Sis and I bought an outfit for each girl and I will put in homemade treats and a Mc D's gift card.  As my oldest grandsons B-day is Feb 15, daughter Feb 13 and Valentines day I will ship a few fun things I have picked up and some home made treats.  If sis and I did not dress our brothers girls they would be in rags.

     I called an appliance repair man this morning and he said it was well worth fixing the dryer.  So he is coming over.  The average fix is between 110 and 200 dollars.  I can live with that.  There is a ton of laundry as Hubs did none while I was gone, nor did he sweep or vacuum.  How about cleaning the cat box?  Well maybe?  He did do the dishes, so I am pleased with that.  I don't know if the dryer will be repaired today or I will have to wait for parts.  SO I will only be doing one load and line drying at a time and it takes most of the day for laundry to dry.  Also the clotheslines really takes up room in the laundry area and I don't want the repairman fighting my underwear, no matter how beautiful they are *snort*

     As I have been going through the house and putting things away I have been throwing away things we do not need.  I put things aside that can be donated. I see another run to the donation center, but I want to go through my closet and drawers again.  I wish I could get hubs to go through his closet as it is stuffed full of things he never wears.  Maybe?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim
      

    

6 comments:

  1. Could you sew some cute things for the nieces? That sounds like a project you would enjoy, and I'll bet you have a lot of fabric or trim you could use. It's also fun to buy little girl things, and I'm glad you can do that for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could but my time is way to valuable and when I can get cute things for a song it is not worth the worry and stress. I love to sew but want the clothes taken care of and my brother would not do that.

      Delete
  2. The last time my dryer was on the fritz was in the summer. I could put things outside and they dried quickly. I can't imagine how long things would take in my cold basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I the summer I can use the fence or the back deck and they do dry quickly but not now however the dryer is fixed!

      Delete
  3. Ah the joys of returning from a wonderful trip. Fantastic memories combined with extra work. I know it was worth it though! When we built our laundry room we included a hanging bar. I hang a lot of my clothes, mainly because I wear them forever and hanging really does prolong the wear. I just hang them on cheap plastic hangers until they are dry. If the dryer breaks I do have a large folding rack that I can hang clothes or towels in the back hall. No one uses it except during the summertime anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes coming home always means catch up. Now it is laundry!

    ReplyDelete