Wednesday, January 2, 2019
Wednesday, Happy New Year, a day late.
So we took off and dropped mom and dad in Nampa and then came home. We stopped in Riggens to potty the dog and when we were about 30 miles outside of Lewiston we got a call from D#3 that Hub's cell phone had been found in Riggens in the parking lot. Great, we are about 2.5 hours away and almost home. So we called and asked them to ship it, but Hub's decided this morning to go and get it. He called a few minutes ago from Riggens to say he was there and the phone had been run over, but we always put the toughest cases and screen protectors on his phones because he worked in the woods all those years. I have a new case for him here and we will go buy a new screen protector or I will order some on Amazon, if the screen is broken I will have it fixed. What a way to start the new year right?
I am still in my Pj's and I am okay with that. I will get myself dressed and ready to face the year as soon as I am done with this post. So many things have happened over the Holiday that I want to talk about so it will take several posts. Yikes!
Goals for the new year are as follows:
1. save all my change in my pig bank
2. Save every $5 bill that comes my way (already have $15.00)
3. continue using the $1000.00 savings charts (I completed 21 of them last year with savings from sewing and money saved out of our household income and debt pay off)
4. pay off house at least $1000.00 extra a month on principle should do it, but I plan on paying more as the year goes on and I pay off other Christmas bills.
5. Set up a budget. By the way I really don't have a budget, I just write down my bills for the month and pay them and then use what is left over for groceries and debt. So I guess you would call that 0 based?
6. Set up and envelope system for groceries and gas and stay at $200.00 a month for groceries and $125.00 a month for gas.
7.Pay off Christmas bills (I was bad)
1. lose 20 lbs (I lost 17 last year but I have just been having fun since)
a. exercise 5 days a week at least a hour for my heart
b. get at least 10,000 steps a day on fit bit going for 12,000
c. stick to a low carb diet until weight is lost ( I already miss my donuts)
2. Give up diet coke ( this is a huge like big deal) I am so addicted it is not funny. But my specialist wants to see if the artificial sweeteners are causing an inflammatory response in my system. I will do anything to keep from switching meds. This is a big damn deal for me. Sluggy say a prayer and no laughing at my pain and probably failure.
1. be kinder to myself, slow down, smell the roses
2. continue to bless others everyday. Try to do something nice everyday for someone even if it is just a smile or a conversation with someone lonely. ( I did this last year and the blessings I received were beyond anything I would have imagined. When you are in the service of your fellow man you are in the service of your God) Try this make the world (your world) a better place.
3. Study more
4. continue to sing in choir and play piano as needed, practice at least 5 hours a week on accompaniment songs.
5. continue to work on hobbies that I enjoy, sewing, crochet, embroidery, reusing and redoing, thrifting.
Now these are my yearly goals. I will have monthly and weekly goals to try and achieve and keep track of my yearly goals.
So as I have only 1,227,00 steps on my step tracker, I would suggest I get my butt in gear and get dressed and maybe start living like I can achieve something other than writing about how great I am going to be when I achieve all the above.
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.