Saturday, February 15, 2020

Saturday, New quilt top!

     Here is my second quilt top.  I am not putting backs on any right now.  I can do that after Aunty leaves.  I just want to really learn how to get the star made.  I really like this one as the colors are bright. I am a stickler for how colors blend.

     Yesterday I quilted until it was time for Aunty and I to go to the show Hub's is playing in right now.  It was the musical "She loves me."  It was darling and well done.  We really had some good laughs.  Aunty loved it.  Then we were able to meet the cast after and she loved that also.  I don't know what was more fun watching her or the show.

     I made a quick potato and bacon soup for dinner, with pop overs.  My kids were always eager to eat simple cheap meals if there was a homemade bread involved.  Biscuits, popovers, rolls or just warm homemade bread are all cheap to make and are like a dessert or treat.

     Today I am going to do a load of laundry to take to lil sis's as she is gone and I am watching her cats,  That way I can kill two birds with one stone.  The rest of the day will be spent quilting with Aunty.  I need to go scare up something for a nice Sunday dinner.  Any Ideas?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Post your popover recipe please! I often just go for drop biscuits but love the steaminess' of a popover and if I mad honey butter-yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is very pretty. I have never had a popover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a popover either. Never made one but must be really simple as Daughter 2 made them and she is clueless in the kitchen LOL

    ReplyDelete