Thursday, February 6, 2020

Thursday, On my way

     My Aunt's flight comes in at 1:10 p.m. in Spokane, so I am leaving here in about an hour or so.  My back had me up earlier than usual this morning which is an aggravation.  Just how long will this go on?

     I have a little straightening to do around the house before I leave.  Mostly in the kitchen.  As Hub's will use it, not much use getting too carried away.  I was able to get a few more things off my list yesterday, not as many as I would have liked.  Just took it easy with my back.

     I did get hub's help with the floors in the hall and the front room and they are polished.  We had to stay downstairs for 2 hours while it all dried. This is the first time I have waxed out hard wood.  I am careful with it,and we had it redone about 10 years ago and it is just starting to show wear in a few spots. My mother was always having her housekeeper wax her floors, and the build up on the edges was awful, so I just won't do it. I'm not working that hard for shiny.  I am more, is it clean?

     I will be coming home tomorrow morning as my cousins flight comes in late tonight and I am not driving on the roads in the dark and perhaps ice and snow. So no post tomorrow.

     It will be interesting to see how my back does driving.  Although the drive is only two hours.

     Well I am off, to get dresses do a few chores and hit the road.  Wish me luck.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

17 comments:

  1. Safe travels to you all.
    I agree - my wood floors get cleaned a lot, I do not wax either. Too much chance of build-up.
    Have a fun visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am back, cousins flight was delayed 1 hour out of Seattle so we did not get home from the airport until after 2. So tired.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on the back! And on the safe drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't wax so I don't fall, or the dogs fall as Rascal slides and falls now when he is running and trying to turn the corner in the kitchen to get to the door.

    take it easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubs slipped in our hall before I put rugs down.

      Delete
  4. Careful with the ice and snow. IS this the aunt from Minnesota?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels! Clean is better than waxed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe travels, Kim. I hope your back doesn't hurt you too bad on the drive there.

    ReplyDelete