Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Wednesday, Schmills starts school!

      Daughter brought baby into our room at about 7:15 so she could take Schmills up to his new school.  Of course the little scamp woke up immediately and did not go back to sleep until after Hubs was up and showered.  So it was grandma on board.  I just hated it.

     Schmills will be picked up at 2:45 and we are anxious to hear about his first day.  Daughter will be teaching advanced classes at my old studio starting tonight. I am so happy that she is doing this.  She spent so many years in training and then dancing and to just give it up breaks my heart.  I never understood that being able to dance and teach and choreograph was such a gift.  It is unusual to be able to do all three well.  I just figured if you could dance you could do the other two and that is definitely not the case. All the years I taught at the University, I would see these incredible professionals come to get their masters after leaving the circuit and they could not teach and were down right bad at choreography.  When I hear music, I see dancing, I just thought everyone had this ability. So I am happy she is back to teaching.  Our oldest teaches 4 hours a week also when she is not held up in court.

     I have to sew a big bunch of alterations, I do not want to do.  They are aggravating alterations, but I am going to make myself go in and do them.  Then I had a couple of big projects to get started on.

     Because business is slow due to covid, I am taking on a wedding where I have to make 8 vests from scratch and a myriad of other alterations.  I don't normally do custom work.  Then I am also making some ribbon skirts for an Indian store owner.  We are going to see how much time it takes me as I will not cut back on my hourly wage.  I will do a mock up and decide whether this will be worth my time and her money.

     Nathan is busy hanging things i the house for me here and there.  Daughter is taking a nap and Hubs has the baby.  I need to get to work.

 Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

   

9 comments:

  1. I am quite sure you hate holding the baby!

    I thought anyone who could sew could draft a pattern. A theatre teacher at UAB disabused me of that idea. She wanted me to draft patterns for $10/hr. That was after I drove almost two hours and then home again. I figured a good nap was worth that much. I declined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your decline. People take advantage of your talent and ability.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Grandma!! I just went back and looked at your post when the baby was born.. She is beautiful.. And I know, must have been SUCH a hardship holding her for so long....LOL..... So many small business owners are having such a hard time because of this covid stuff.. Can't wait till things get better... Enjoy that sweet , precious gift of yours XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am and I am down on so much revenue but finding ways to up my intake.

      Delete
  3. You're right to make yourself go in and do the alterations, Kim. You'll be glad when they are behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and really it was not that bad once I got started.

      Delete
  4. The first day in a new school is a huge step!
    I know cuddling the baby was a hard thing to do! I envy you having the grands so close (really close right now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really tough Anne, smelling that sweet little head, sometimes not such a sweet bottom.

      Delete
  5. I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete