Saturday, January 15, 2022

 


I slept really late this morning and that was so nice.  Hubs and I did get to the store last night after my nap and I of course wore a mask.  I did a little sewing and have a wedding dress ready for try on, so that is good.

Even though I am not feeling my best I still have this little monster inside me that tells me to get up and do something useful or constructive. I dislike the monster very much. He needs to be hog tied, and muzzled.

I had a really sweaty night and woke up wet with my eyes glued shut.  My Sjogrens's is in full swing, I am sure because of the virus I have. It always does this when I am sick. Fun to be Kim right now. 

I am putting a chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery and onions in a roaster for dinner tonight, leftovers tomorrow.  You know what sounds really good? Chicken and veggie gravy over biscuits. Yum.  Comfort food. Then I wall also do a  white chicken chili this week.

Does anyone have a good recipe for white chicken chili? What kind of beans do you use?  Do you used canned or do you soak beans? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am tired, time for a nap.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are int the negative. I will not have a productive day....


Kim




20 comments:

  1. I make all of my beans from dried unless someone gives me some canned beans and then I will use them. The reason I do this is not only to save money, but I prefer to soak my beans overnight to lessen gas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never use canned beans. The times I have not soaked the beans, I have cooked them without soaking, I used baking soda in them to reduce the gas factor. Only the last year or so have I NOT soaked beans and used the baking soda.

    It's too bad you feel so unwell and something else kicks in. Don't sew too much or cook too much. Just don't clean at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to soak mine and add baked soda to minimize the gas. As for a recipe, I use white bean, green chilis, chicken and cream of celery soup, and add a little extra cumin and coriander, and salt to taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.I have never made white chicken chili. So I can be of no help with that. It sound good from what fellow commenters write.

    Take care. Rest all that you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you I feel much better, as I rested all weekend.

      Delete
  5. I hope you do take naps Kim because this will help you get on top of this so much quicker. I took a nap nearly every day for a week after Christmas & I still slept well at night. You need to listen to your body & give it the rest it needs. Hope you soon feel much improved Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie I am much better, stayed down most of the weekend.

      Delete
  6. Reading comments I just learned baking soda helps the gas. I use when I soak but thought it was to help tenderize. I'm just always learning. I too have the eye gook issue. I've stumbled to the bathroom to wash it off so I can see. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs isn't it fun waking up like a newborn kitten?

      Delete
  7. I use canned beans if I forget to soak dried overnight. The chili has never cared one way or the other.
    My white chili is very similar to Rhitter's. I use the same seasoning she does with chicken, chicken broth, white beans (I am not picky about which beans) onions, bell peppers, a jalapeño and green chilies. I have never used cream of soup in mine, but it sounds good so I probably will now

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made chicken chili this past week. I have my recipe on the blog. Just go the search and type it in. I typically use white northern beans but I have also made it with pinto beans and it is also tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Lori, you are my goto, I am going to use white northern as I have those.

      Delete
  9. Chicken veggie gravy over biscuits does sound good. Comfort is always what the doctor orders when feeling bad!! Please take it easy and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cannellini beans. Either dried or canned rinsed. Son 2 makes it all the time. Last time he used a pint of my canned green tomatoes and said it was good.

    ReplyDelete