Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Wednesday, Cleaning house, making pie


 Well the missionaries want a pecan pie and is Kim about to say no?  Of course not.  I do have one crust left in the freezer, but I am also going to make a dutch apple as that is hubs favorite, and it will use up nuts and brown sugar which I have a plethora of, let me tell you.

I actually removed all the sofa cushions and vacuumed really well the whole house.  With Roscoe (a corgi) shedding when he even walks across the room, the dog hair just gets out of control.

Right now I have the mop bucket in the kitchen sink and I am going to go in and work on a wedding dress before I scrub all the kitchen counters and appliances. Then I will do the floors and after I will make up 8 crusts and freeze 7 of them and make up two pies.

Have no idea what is for dinner, but I certainly know what is for dessert. 

It might be just blow the budget and get take out.... the thought!

Do you ever just cave to the situation and do what you think will be easiest?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

7 comments:

  1. I so wanted take out tonight, but instead I stuck to my menu plan. It was Eggplant Parma and all I had to do was pull a container out of the freezer. I will pretend it is takeout.

    Your pies sound lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pecan pie is my favorite! Heck if you have no plans - go for it. It doesn't hurt to bust the budget once in a while. I bet all involved would like take-out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do what is easiest a lot of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing the easy thing got me in debt. Doing the hard thing now will make me appreciate doing the easy when the debt is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you read on my post, I definitely took the easy option this week, and it exploded like a dirty bomb. Wish I had gone home & made the planned dinner. But, sometimes takeout or delivery is an awesome option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes every time I should clean the house. Still no routine here, just wait until it is a OMG moment and haul butt and pay for it for DAYS

    ReplyDelete