Thursday, November 2, 2023

Thursday: November is here!

 

Home and Happy to be here.  Had a good time with Sissie and Aunty.  Really had fun when kids were there, and we did a lot of sites seeing in DC. Walked our feet off. Nate had not been to the area, so we did all the normal things. but you need to be able to put about 10 miles a day on your feet.

Lots of shopping, got a new suit for church and replaced a couple of pairs of shoes, also bought really good running shoes, as my knees were feeling a little loose in the joints.  Not sore but wonky.

Home to the grandkids and Kelsa has been my entertainment for the last two days.

I have a lot of yard work to do, but my goal today is bills, ironing and just catching up. I have two piano pieces I am working on, and I hate one of them.  Changes keys 4 times and timing and has me becoming the entire orchestra.  But that will soon be behind me.

All my plants are frozen as I did not get them in and that was disappointing but my own fault, as I dilly dallied and did not get them pulled.  So, I guess I start over in January. Lucky me.

My sister in laws cancer is back and spread all over so she is entering a drug trial in Texas.  I am hoping they can do something for her.  Joel's mom continues to have heart pain at night.  I don't think she will be with us much longer but then you never know. So those are two things I pray and worry about. I can do nothing.  Just hope and pray.

SO many things on my mind, that I need to dump.  Need to pay bills and take money to the bank to pay for the fun I had in DC. Lots of errands to run. Hoping daughter gets off early enough for me to hit the banks before they close.

I want to catch up with everyone as I feel so out of the loop.

Kim 

18 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It wasn’t the same without you. And it is grand that the trip was worth it. Here in Arizona fall has arrived. I started wearing my winter coat when the morning temps got down to 55 :). My condo renovation is making good progress. Sheetrock repair is done, as of today, next week starts painting. Floors in a few weeks. Otherwise all is well, Cheryl held the fort while you were gone ;). Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for her, I need to see pictures of all these doings!

      Delete
  2. Welcome home. I am glad that you had a wonderful time. You deserved that. We have snow here in Saskatchewan, but things are supposed to warm up which means it could all disappear.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be back, no snow here but in the mountains, here it is raining.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a good trip! Things are getting California chilly here, which means really chilly in the am, and gorgeous & sunny in the afternoons. It's my favorite time of fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how it is here, but really rainy right now.

      Delete
  4. Glad you made it back home safe and sound. My heart goes out to your sister in law and mother in law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are home safe. We had low 20s with windchills in the mid teens this past week. Solar pump is running so we will see how far down the electric bill will be. Considering we now have 2 humidifiers running probably not much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prayed a lot for you guys while I was gone. Sounds like you are up and about.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back. I know you have a great time with Sissie. I am wondering what kind of trouble the two of you cooked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was hard to cook up anything with a 90 year Aunt in tow, but we did have fun.

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear you are home. Sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim,
    I am glad you are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are back all safe and sound. Sounds like a good trip. Prayers for your extended family - prayer is all we can do. God has His hands on us - His will.
    Get back on track and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am trying to just make a schedule of things and stick to it.

      Delete