Monday, June 24, 2019

Monday, Home from the lake

     We had such a nice time, even though it was never truly warm.  Hubs was able to fish with Schmills and Schmills caught two fish.  It was so cute.  This bright red haired little boy makes friends with everyone and is a joy to be around.  (Most of the time)

     I planned very simple meals to keep myself from over working.  Hubs and I were able to do a ride around the lake on our bikes and boy is that work.  I actually think it is more work than walking the lake.  It takes about 20 minutes to ride the round as apposed to 1.5 hours to walk it.  But I still felt that I worked harder riding the bike because of all the hills. 

     I read a couple of novels, and took naps and slept late.  It was lovely.  Wish we could have spent at least one more day.  The second day daughter and I rented a paddle boat and we spent an hour paddling out across the lake. It was fun and then later that evening we walked the lake, which is at least5 miles around.  I over did it on my right hip and had a hard time sleeping due to pain.  On the car ride home I had to take meds in order to sit.  It does not hurt  to walk, but to sit or sleep.  Weird?

    Hubs had a rehearsal last night with his quartet group and they have a wedding to play for this next weekend.  I have a ton of laundry to do and I hope to get hubs to help me clean up all the wood and scraps around the deck and chicken coop. I do have work to do in the shop but nothing pressing today.

     I am happy to say that the garden is starting to really produce. We will have green beans and zucchini and yellow squash and Armenian cucumbers for dinner tonight.  Also peppers and  eggplant should be ready by the end of the week.

     I need to re weed the garden and the flowers beds, it is crazy how fast the weeds grow.  I keep thinking if I keep weeding pretty soon there will be no weeds left, but that is not the case. They just sprout and head for the sun.

     So Hubs and I will spend some time in the yard today and I will run back and forth to the shop as needed.  I also will clean and organize the shop for the week.

     Do you have any plans for the week?  Other than to enjoy the summer?  Sorry about those of you that are having constant rain and flooding.  I feel for you.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim   

24 comments:

  1. WOW - I can't believe you're getting produce from your garden already. I am so envious! And my sister in PEI who is a terrific gardener has still been having frost warnings. She's devastated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it snowed 4 inches in Bozeman Montana on the 21st. It is a weird spring summer.We got the garden in earlier than usual because we had no mom to take up all of our time and we do have a long growing season here.

      Delete
  2. I am also amazed that you are already getting beans etc.! We are just finishing cool weather stuff, lettuce, arugula etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started the beans and when they were about 2 inches high I planted them so that puts me about 2 weeks ahead, plus the garden went in early.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the hip, but it sounds like you had a great time. The thought of Schmills reeling in a fish makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so funny. Three old men are out on the dock and had been for a few hours and no fish. Schmills goes in and catches two in about 20 minutes and he was done. He has the bragging rights thing down to a pat. Leave while you are still ahead.

      Delete
  4. So glad you had such a good time and got some needed calm and rest. Sorry your hip is hurting, but your days sound heavenly.
    Good going on all the produce. Nothing here yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think starting my seeds early in the house and transplanting has helped speed them up.

      Delete
  5. I live in south jersey and in a day or 2 will have some yellow grape tomatoes ! I finally faced my fears and went to the community pool. I have not gone in 5 years as embarrassed and afraid I would not be able to handle the steps to get out and how to use my cane, etc. Well I did it and had a ball! Was there 5 hours and now I have my confidence back, hope to go 4-5 times a week. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OUr tomatoes are along way from ripe and the romas are way ahead of everything else. SO happy you conquered your fear. The water is a great place to move and get exercise and you don't have to worry about falling!

      Delete
  6. Your trip sounds nice and relaxing, Kim. I hope your hip is feeling better soon. I've been processing clothes for dd to list online. And it's been raining here. yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people have been getting too much rain. My hip is better, thanks.

      Delete
  7. Sorry about your hip. I saw my dad endure a tremendous amount of pain as he waited for a replacement. No fun! Your time away sounds just lovely. I might be a little jealous of your garden produce. I'm in one of those lots of rain zones, so even though the raised beds look lush they aren't producing. The big garden didn't even get planted. Thankfully I plenty of canned tomatoes and green beans from last year. Took it easy with your hip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomatoes and beans need warmth that is for sure. My hip is much better. Thanks

      Delete
  8. I would think you use different muscles riding a bike than walking. If I could either, I would rather bike. Tommy needs two hip and two knee replacements and is in constant pain. Find out if you can get stem cell treatment for the hip. It seems you had fun. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for the bum, well bum! Joints are so under appreciated by the young 'uns.
    Hopefully your bounty will be as fruitful as the weeds. I am only growing herbs and flowers this year. @%!$ chipmunks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a dog to keep away the squirrels and chipmunks, but they can reek havoc.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Comment asking if I needed a loan.... Really?

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like you are pinching a nerve when you sit. Your pelvic could be out of place and that's why it's not hurting when you walk. My chiro can adjust but my doctor actually gave me exercises to help keep mine in place. It goes out due to cork screw spine and deformed L5

    ReplyDelete
  13. replica bags high quality my sources n6g74e3c55 replica bags canada replica bags review fake gucci n4g11r4v47 replica bags paypal replica bags high quality my sources n6g74e3c55 replica bags canada

    ReplyDelete