Saturday, June 8, 2019

Saturday, Yesterday was bloody....

     As the littles were here yesterday, we spent the morning in the yard just letting them play and we both did a little yard work.  But it is hard to concentrate on any one thing as they are so small and have to be watched very carefully.

     At noon we came in and had some lunch and then went down stairs to watch a few cartoons before nap time.  Well the baby who is now about 18 months old was sitting in his little chair and he just tipped forward.  He hit the corner of his forehead on the TV  console.  I saw it and of course he started to cry.  I knew it wasn't serious as I picked him up and held him close.  I rubbed the back of his head and was soothing him when I felt something run down my cleavage. Yes I have cleavage.  It was creepy and I thought spider?  No, blood.  When I pulled him a way it was slaughter.  So much blood and I could tell it came from his mouth but where? I kept trying to staunch it with my chest and I was hollering at Hub's to hurry for wet clothes.  Well the little bugger had bitten through his bottom lip with his 4 upper baby teeth.  After I was able to staunch the flow you could see where all four of those little teeth had gone trough.

     Head wounds bleed like crazy, anyway.  This one actually pumped with his heart beat.  Are you sick yet?  I was faint off an on during the whole thing.  We called mom and she came and took him in and they glued it shut.  He was no worse for wear a couple of hours later.  Of course I have not recovered.  I did not realize how covered in blood I was and of course had three clients in a row come and all of them were shocked by my appearance. I was finally able to go clean up and I had blood soaked through my bra and garments and dried onto my skin in several places.  What I did not realize was the dried blood smeared on my neck and face.  I had to fight him to keep his hands off his wound and he was flailing and grabbing me, and I had no idea what a mess I was.  So I ended up in the bathtub as I also had dried blood in my hair.  It was quite the experience and I don't want to repeat it.

     After the littles went home for the day, I was able to go and pay the last of the extra $1000.00 on the house for the month.  I will show the results when it goes through on my side bar.  I am really stoked about it as I think I can do some extra this month as it was only the 7th yesterday.   Even if I can get an extra $500.00 I will be happy, but an extra $1000.00 I will be over the moon.

     Today I have no plans.  I don't care that the house is a mess, and I am going to just have fun outside.  Then I will deal with whatever I need to inside.  I am just going to do what I want.  I get very few days like this.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. Oh dear.....go have a donut and it will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hate it when kids get hurt. Of course the only way to keep them totally safe would be in a bubble, and even then who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby! And, you.

    I agree - sometimes you just need a day to relax & have some fun. We are so goal/productivity oriented, that it feels unnatural to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nightmare! You do need a reprieve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Kim!! That is rather traumatic. Both for the little one & for you my friend! They sure do bleed like crazy. My 2 year old grandson hit his forehead & it bled like crazy. I did not know what to grab first. Have a restful day - you sure do deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a relief that the little guy is okay! My oldest son did that, when he was about 10. He was playing gymnast, swinging his legs back and forth, with one hand on the kitchen counter, and the other on the cutting block. He slipped and fell on his face. Sent his younger brother to find me, while he stood over the sink.

    I called the local ER (back when they still gave out info over the phone), and the nurse said that unless the cut went through the border of the lip, they'd just clean it up, because it would heal on its own. It DID! Not even a scar unless you really look for it, even though his bottom teeth went completely through the skin under his lip. He could poke his tongue through the hole, and had trouble drinking for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The poor kid and poor grandma. My youngest cracked her head open just before she was 2. Boy did it bleed. She is 17 and I still remember all of the blood. Great job on the extra mortgage payment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After all of that mess I believe you need a day to do
    whatever. Glad the little will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that he is going to be ok. How scary for you and for him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How traumatic! Glad to hear that things turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daughter 4 put her top tooth through her lip, Daughter 2 hit her windshield when she was hit in front of our house and then ripped me to pieces for running through her broken windshield on the road with my bare feet. I am glad she kept telling me head wounds bleed horrible because it looked like she was going to bleed to death ... rear view mirror caught her forehead... Glad things turned out ok for you , stop and rest from the trauma

    ReplyDelete