Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sunday, Happy Father's Day

This is a joke!
     Happy Father's Day to all you Father's and potential Father's out there.  I need to thank my father for my blue eyes, my good skin tone, and my frizzy hair(not ), my Jewish nose(not), my sense of humor, although both of my parents were very funny, my artistic license, my yearning for knowledge of all sorts, my kindness towards others. my competitive spirit (not) and for just being an over all fun dad.

     My step dad, who was responsible, kind, and gave my mother a life few women will ever get. He gave our family stability, pride and a reason to succeed. He was a wonderful man and everyone who has a step dad should have one like mine.

     Daughter #2 and I worked hard yesterday catering a taco bar at the community center for one of her friends.  Thank goodness Hub's stepped in to  help us, with the loading  and unloading. It was a long day.  But I was given two large beverage serving containers and several left over drink buckets which I will use for D#3's wedding.

     We also sat down and ordered the serving ware for B's wedding yesterday and I pulled out all the silver I have collected and realize I need more pieces so I will be out perusing  the second hand shops.  I need enough for 8 tables and 4 banquet tables. I try and do some little thing every day for the wedding  so it isn't creeping up on me all of a sudden.

     I bought some potting soil and some red spray paint to make a planter out of Hub's old wheel barrow and I think I will put that together after I take along walk in the hot sunshine.  The bridges are calling to me today.

     We are having steaks,beach bread,corn on the cob, baked potatoes and pie for  Hub's father's day dinner.  B is coming down after work to join us and we will talk wedding and what else needs to be done.

     So happy one more thing is off my list for the month and next weekend we get to go to the lake for three days with Schmill's.  Yeah!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim  
     

7 comments:

  1. It all sounds good. What is beach bread? Full of sand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is day old baguette,drizzled with olive oil and a slice of tomato, fresh mozzarella, and basil.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to it let me tell you!

      Delete
  3. AM I reading it right that you are self catering the entire wedding, and for how many people? I should talk after I just hosted the massive grad party, but I hope you find ways to save your labor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we have always catered our own events. I grew up in a family of restaurant owners, plus we all cater. It will be fine. I have a lot of help and friends that I have helped over the years with their events, I will call in the troops or the favors so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we lived close. I am old enough that I got tons of silver trays, platters and bowls for wedding gifts. I would gladly loan it out to you.

    ReplyDelete