Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thursday, Crazy here....

     This has actually been a slower wedding season than the past few years.  I was not worried as I have plenty of work and it is nice to be able to have some off time.  Well those days are over.  I swear someone opened the sluice gates.

     We were due for a very bad electrical storm here last night and it came we had news alerts and everyone on standby, but it was not as bad as was predicted which is great!  We lost a few dead branches on the street but no power outages or major damage.  It did cool down the valley so our walk along the river last night about 8 p.m. was cool and lovely if not overcast.

     Hubs was upset with me because I made a strawberry pie and he did not get any.  I did save strawberries for the weekend.  I am trying to get him to try and lose a little weight before the wedding and his blood sugar was up at is last doctor appt.  I do treats on weekends.  So I told him I would do a pie this weekend.  He is still pouting.  Poor darling.  (say this with sarcasm)

   I have taken to watching these you tube videos as I do hand work.  It makes things go faster.  They are cleaning videos put out by people who want you to have cleaning motivation.  (so far the motivation has not happened)  But I am fascinated by a few of them.  They all have the same color scheme in the houses, and they all use (way too many) cleaning products.  Like three different things to wash a load of clothes and then things to put in the dryer.  They use different cleaners that all smell different for different rooms. They do not clean the toilet with a cloth but these wipes.  All I do in my head is say, Why?  But I keep watching.  What happened to  good old vinegar, ammonia, ajax or dollar store cleaners?  Just how much money can one spend on a load of clothes?  If you dry your clothes outside they smell great.

     How about some dryer balls?  Those work great and last a long time.  Yeah.  Hey maybe rubber gloves and an old rag and then rewash the rag, huh?  No let's use 15 wipes from a plastic container.  Now I will say we have a package of said wipes in each of our cars.  For emergencies.  I would probably reuse the container.  Just saying.

     I also notice the food they prepare.  Cut up fruits from the store, cut up cheese.  Hey you know you can do that yourself?  Anyway not meaning to be critical, but I do believe they have too much money and time.  My favorite was the 30 something woman trying on different Disney land themed shirts and shorts for an upcoming Disney world trip for Mother's Day.  She primped and preened in front of the mirror with her cute little shirts and Micky mouse ears, which she had ordered.  I kind of shuddered.  Not only that this existed, but that it is actually published.  Okay I know that was critical.... but I just cannot stop watching.

     I was thinking of doing one of a really messy house like mine.  Oh and these women are all in full barbi doll makeup.  This seems to be important.  But first of all I can't do my makeup that way, and I can't operate a camera.  So I guess that line of work is out for me and I will just have to keep sewing.  Dang.  Thought I could join the group.

     If you need entertainment, feel free to check out cleaning videos on you tube.  I am  fascinated, it is like watching the Kardashians.  (I watched an episode once on a trip in a hotel that had cable)  So far I have missed the rest of the episodes.  But really people live like this and they publish it and are proud of it.

     I need to get to work.  Providing a service so I can pay off my house so I can live a more frugal and sustainable life, and I can order Micky mouse ears.......

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

16 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you didn't get a really bad storm.

    Sitting here laughing over the Disney video. Those cleaning videos make things too hard. Making cleaning easy is what I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I think we should all order Micky Mouse ears and form a club. You in?

      Delete
  2. I watched some of those videos last week. They all sure do have nice homes, don't they? Their favorite products seem to be Grove( or products offered from Grove?) And there is another brand the always talk about that I can not remember right now. I wonder just how much they spend on their cleaning products? Or how much they get in endorsements and referrals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is amazing. Dawn, vinegar, and baking d=soda are my go to cleaning products. I use half laundry detergent called for and dry outside.

    I saw a lady last week buying a clam shell of watermelon. It looked tasty. I checked it out and it was 8.99!!! A whole melon was only 2.99!

    More money than sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying cut up fruit drives me crazy. I realize there is a reason for it just can't spend the money.

      Delete
  4. I use a brush in my commode. The cloth used on the outside is washed. I have to buy cut up watermelon because I cannot lift, carry, or cut a watermelon! Bummer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 20s and 30s were decades of consumerism...every product I bought was highly touted via advertising. Now I've learned to scale back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me I have had my years of consumerism and they led to massive debt which I am still trying to climb out of, I just never had a cleaning product fetish.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL.... I know exactly what you mean about those video's... these young girls are suddenly experts, too! I agree that they have too much time on their hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I still think a club of anti cleaners with Micky Mouse ears could be popular....

      Delete
  8. I just lost my comment to you, poof! gone. Yes way too much time, even my husband came in and watched part of one and said she doesn't have enough to do.

    ReplyDelete