Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Kim is Home!


Kim is home and very busy with wedding dresses!  Three came in this morning.  She has eight due out for the 14th of September and they just keep rolling in.

Her master bedroom and bath are still a work in progress and at least the furniture is in place and the mattresses are on and I am drying the new sheets so I can iron them.  Hopefully we can do the big reveal soon!

Kim wants to work on her bedroom, and I have said no, and she is listening and doing hand work on a dress.  We have to stay caught up.

I have quite a bit of mending to do and I got nowhere near my machine yesterday as there were too many errands to run.

Today I must get the Egg Foo young gravy made which will not take long and I must get the egg rolls made.  I did do the filling yesterday but feel like it needed more cabbage, so I went and got more. 

This morning I came to the House and woke Kim up with a cold diet coke and then went to the dump, the Salvation Army to drop off old lamps ( I gave Sissy two milk glass lamps that I have had for forty years for Her new bedroom and they look great, also some beautiful dresser scarves and Doilies that were made by our Great Grandmother Henderson.  Yes, I inherited all of my mothers and Grandmothers old linens as I love them and use them.  They were easier to ship east than dishes and silver, and copper and you name it!)  I then went to Winco and got some groceries for Kim as the Grands will be here tomorrow and Thursday and the cupboards were bare for the littles. I then stopped at Bruneel Tire and auto and made an appointment to get my oil changed and my tires rotated.

Dan is at little Sis's new House today painting a very large bedroom that was all bright cobalt blue, even the ceilings, just awful.  He has a lot of work to do in that House as well as Kim's, not to mention our place, but it will all get done one room at a time.

Now I have to get to work as I have so much to do!

Picture is of four chicken pies, six beef pies and a chicken stoop for the freezer.  I ran out of pie dough and was too tired to make more so soup it was.

The freezer is getting stocked!

Well, here it is the next day as our day got away from us.  Kim's bedroom has more done in it, and Dan and I are ready to take the Car in.  It is very cold this morning and that tells me fall is near.

I did get the Egg Foo young gravy done yesterday, but not the Egg Rolls, so that is my first priority when we return from the Garage. Kim is still sleeping.  I will then get some mending done and Hubs is going to work on hanging mirrors and artwork in the bedroom.  The Grands will be here shortly.

I am determined to have a productive day and Kim finished two wedding dresses yesterday! Yeah!


Hugs;

K






8 comments:

  1. Welcome home to Kim! Hope she had a great time, and I hope she is feeling better.
    Sounds like Kay and Dan will need a vacation from all that work too.
    Hope you both have a great Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are one busy gal! I would LOVE your chicken pie recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to iron SHEETS? Is this a thing? Is this normal? I don't even iron clothing, I'm for sure not going to iron sheets. Maybe you're working harder than is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I iron my sheets, I like that crisp expensive hotel feel!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic on all that y’all have done! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Kim. Boy Sissy have you ever gotten a great deal accomplished.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother said she ironed everything, but after she had her third child. She even ironed Daddy's boxers. I no longer iron because I don't buy clothes that need to be ironed. I do have an expensive iron for pressing when I sew.

    ReplyDelete