Thursday, July 19, 2018

Thursday, Too much stuff....

     Last night after dinner Hub's and I went over to help a new family move into our church community.  We came late and we were helping with the larger furniture and of course the piano!  Well I was carrying smaller boxes and the men did the larger stuff.  I could tell the poor mom was just so tired and overwhelmed.

     The house they rented was older with many small rooms.  I swear every room was full to the ceiling with boxes.  Who has this much stuff?  Shelving unit after shelving unit came off that truck.  I was totally amazed.  One of the kids said that there were boxes that they had not unpacked from the last move on the truck.  My though was if you didn't unpack it last time you don't need it. Then......


     I drove into my own garage and thought what if people came to my house and drove into this garage?  They would think the same thing.  I mean really.  Why do we have so much stuff?

     Anyway I am going to take dinner into them tonight which she was very grateful for that offering and then go over after our dinner to help her unpack.  I don't know what I am getting myself in for as it looks like a chaotic mess.  But then when is moving not chaotic and messy?

     I had put out frozen bananas to make banana bread today.  Have no idea what I will make for them but I know chicken is on the menu:)  Gotta get rid of all that chicken.

     I was able to get two more Wedding dresses done yesterday and three more bridesmaids.  Today I must hem pants and work on a few other odds and ends.  I know there are a couple of zippers to do.  I don't think the ironing will ever get done. Tomorrow the littles come so I have no idea what I will get done with them under foot.

     Anyway I am busy and that is good.  Doing for others really helps heal the broken heart.

Have a a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. I love that no matter what you have on your plate, you are always doing for others - I'm just amazed at what a kind, generous, caring person you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking outside ourselves is always a fast way to get over our emotional state. I am impressed with your time generosity, as well as sharing your food talent.

    I am a dues paying member of the " too much stuff " club too. The price of the membership? Loss of space and time managing said stuff. I am trying to get rid of it, but obviously not trying hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get those daughter in laws you will be able to trust me.

      Delete
  3. My garage is the same way!! You are a very kind person for helping this family with their move. I needed to hear "doing for others helps to heal the broken heart." I am grieving as I lost one of my fur babies a couple nights ago. I need to get out of the house today and be useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry, that is so hard. Hugs to you my friend.

      Delete
  4. I am working on whittling down all our stuff. We still have stuff, but the pile is shrinking. Then... I sometimes manage to bring more stuff home. It is a vicious cycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am trying to not bring stuff home and that is so hard. It is a habit I tell you.

      Delete
  5. Good grief, we still have bins stacked up in the shop from our move around 2 years ago! We downsized from 3,200 feet to 1,100 square feet. We lived in a camper for 3 months between houses, because our old one sold so fast. We were not sure exactly what we would be moving into, so kept too much. This is AFTER I got rid of literally 1/3 - 1/2 of my belongings. Scary. We spent last winter going through bins when we had time, but need to get out there and do more until we are done. Funny thing--we have plans to head out there this morning to work for the first time in a long time....good timing on your post--keeps the motivation going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just get rid of all of it. If you have not used it in a year you are not going to. Easy for me to say.....

      Delete
  6. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing.Thank for your very good article...!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete