Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Tuesday, the Blah of debt repayment

    
The funeral we attended yesterday was beautiful.  We saw good friends we had not seen in years.  It was a long drive but worth it.  Only out west do you drive 12 hours for a funeral.  To us this is a hop, skip and a jump.  The weather was beautiful and it was nice just to be.

I have so much to do in the shop and I need to get busy.  Between laundry, ironing, sewing and gardening I have no reason to be bored, unhappy, ungrateful or have the blahs, but I do.  I think I just need a swift kick in the behind.  I am very grateful for all that I have and the progress that I have made and I know I will continue to do well if I continue to work hard.  The hard work never bothers me, it is that after a while I just go blah.

     There are so many things I want to do and should do and I am having a hard time getting anything done.  Watching the debt go down and filling out charts and keeping small daily goals motivates me but even that is losing its luster.  I am not sure how to beat this.

     It used to be that I would start a new project, but projects cost money and I have so many other things that are pressing.  I used to go shopping for things I did not need, but now I don't do that.  It really no longer brings me joy.

     I just have to work through this.  I don't know if it is mom's death, or I am just tired of the long uphill battle of debt.  Pushing that rock up although it is much smaller.  It is like I am a small child and I need a treat to keep going.  Silly I know.  When you are trying to get out of debt and trying to not spend money on things you don't need, going out and spending money on anything not necessary is just counter productive.

     Can any of you say? NEW CAR!  Yes I have a new car, that can't be a treat?  Well yes it is, but that shows how quickly the new wears off and we are right back into what can I buy, get, obtain, next to make me happy.  It isn't things.  I am trying to get rid of things.  So here I am.  What can I do to beat this?

     The only thing I know to do is work or be in the service of someone who needs me.

I am heading for the shop, where I will turn on my iron and start to figure out my day.  All I can do is keep going forward.  Does anyone want to go forward with me?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

20 comments:

  1. Go get a Diet Coke and a pastry and get busy lady!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did eat a raspberry filled doughnut and a diet coke, it was wonderful.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Sluggy! The saccharine and sugar will cancel each other out and yet give you some energy. It's going to be tough... hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how you need a treat. Get it, but make it small. Find something in your house for a small project. That new car would keep me on a high for days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was purchased on the day mom died so it lacks appeal. But I do love it!

      Delete
  4. I was thinking more along the lines of getting chocolate and decadent, but you can certainly have a Diet Coke with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You became physically and mentally exhausted girl. No wonder you feel bad. Slowly and steadily you are getting there. Remember slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diet Coke solves EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll join you. I'm just taking day by day, and more are good than mediocre so that's something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the spirit. I will take mediocre and be happy

      Delete
  8. I think you are still worn out emotionally and dealing with your mother's death and all the loving care that you gave her for all those years. ((((HUGS)))) Treat yourself to something small that has meaning to you. You deserve it my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did buy a large package of raspberry filled powder sugar doughnuts and ate all but two of them, it made me kind of sick, but it was so good.

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad that someone else is like me. I'm so inpatient. I am happy for just a short while and then looking, almost immediately, for the next big milestone or treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are all impatient or most of us are.

      Delete
  10. you are exhausted.... you need a good book and a day on the couch! :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds nice but I have way too much to do in the shop which is also nice;)

      Delete