I need to apologize for not tending to my blog friends and this blog, but I am just still struggling, not sure what it is, I keep calling it brain fog, I just don't know when it will fade. I am not crying or even really mourning, I am just not there, and everything is so easy to forget, the simplest things are just too hard to accomplish. I feel selfish and at odds, it hasn't been quite three weeks, will I ever get back to ...... to what? I ask myself.
On a more positive note your prayers and comments have meant so much and have really helped me so thank you, thank you. Is there anything I can do for any of you?
One thing I have been doing that has really helped my grief is to de clutter. I am just giving away and getting rid of things left and right. My girls all leave here with boxes of things. Our trash can is always full which is driving Hub's crazy. Today my goal is to clean out some china cupboards in the front room, the front closet and the paper products drawer in the kitchen. I am packing up the Christmas china for one of the girls. I will have empty cupboards, wow! Downsize, down size and pare down, it makes me feel better and blesses others.
We have two occupational therapists with us right now, I think this will work out fine, they are lovely young girls, and they love the puppy. Speaking of puppy he has been so much comfort to me and is doing a lot better on his potty training.
I have plenty to do in the shop so I will get in there and get busy. I have at least two wedding dresses that have to go out this week,possibly three should go out plus bridesmaid dresses along with other things for clients. So I have no excuse not to make money. Speaking of money, I am just shy of $100.00 to complete Hub's saving payoff that I owe or I should say we owe that account. Then I will concentrate on my $1000.00 emergency fund. That leaves two more debts, to work on besides the house and I will add one of those next month. There will be a small inheritance from mom and how to sort with that is in the fuzzy zone right now.
But as life goes on, I am ready to get back to
Monday's money saving madness: July 1st through the 8th
1. We are eating lettuce, green beans, cucumbers, onions, and squash from the garden
2. I have told myself I can by no groceries except milk and fruit until we have used up much of the freezer and food storage.
3. I found money on the street twice this past week, .35 .10 into the pig it went. I love finding money like that. It is silly I know but hey small joys.
4. We have so much food to eat from neighbors, I froze most of it so we have a lot to gum through.
5. Our bishop treated us to dinner after a funeral we went to on Saturday so we didn't pay for that meal out.
6. I touched up my roots with a kit I bought on sale for $3.49 saving a trip to the parlor
7. Lots of yard work keeps the exercise going, who needs to go to the gym?
8.returned things purchased that did not work for a refund rather than letting it go and losing the money. ( are you ever guilty of that?)
9.Reused lace from an old wedding dress to doll up a new one passed cost onto client, made a pretty penny.
10.Picked three bouquets of gorgeous flowers for my house, who needs to buy flowers?
11. Took in two boarders to help them and pay off the last two debts.
12. Received back an over payment for a medical bill. $80.00 Woo Hoo!
13. Saving money in all my normal ways, reusing containers, jars, wax wraps.
14. Received a really cute dress from daughter free
15. Eldest daughter replaced my very worn and scratched RAY BANS! Love that kid
So I am off to get some work done, and I expect the rest of you to do the same:)
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.