Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday, last week of summer

     I am happy to say all of my friends survived Irene.  Judy has a mess in her basement and will take a few weeks to dry out.  But happy to see that it was not worse.  Water is so damaging.  Send her a hug.  We were able to put up 202 bottles of jam on Saturday.  But it wiped me out for Sunday.  I just don't have the stamina I used to.  Plus it was the second hottest day of the year here.  Yesterday was the hottest!  We had terrific dry lightening storms all night quite the site to watch.
     I will be flying to D.C Wednesday for a girls trip with my family.  I have saved about $500.00.  I will leave hubby with $200.00 as he has to keep car filled with gas to get to work and live while I am gone.  I am glad our boarder is here to keep him company.
     I am really looking forward to the new school year starting.  I am planning on trying to pay off as much studio debt as possible and then letting it go to other teachers.  I say this but will I do it?  What will it take to get me to let go?  I love the kids and the productions but the work load is staggering and my arthritis is not getting better.  I feel too young, but my body feels old.  We will see.

Out My Window:  The back porch is covered with jam jars!  The flowers are over developed and burned.  They always look this way in August.  They will snap out and come back in September when it cools down.

  I have several pairs of pants to hem and other alterations to do.  So I am going to get busy.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. You are incredible!!! Hope you have a fabulous time on your girls trip!

    And can I just say, I think you more than earn that diet coke!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Love that you are trying to save money to retire! :) If you are interested in making money from your blog, I am looking for great people to join my blogging marketing team! :) Have a great trip! :) Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Thats a lot of jam! I'd be beat after that too! Good for you! Glad you're all ok! :)

    ReplyDelete