Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday,must organize my life

     I love summer because it is warm and I can grow things, I do not have to teach, I get more free time.  It is nice.  But I also travel more and have less income coming in and that means I spend more money.  I was talking to my sister about this yesterday (actually I was complaining)  she said it was always this way for me.  She hears the same story every summer.  So how do I go about fixing this so I can enjoy the summer without going into debt?
     I added up all the little travel trips I have taken since my grandson was born including the trip for Mom's heart attack.  With missed work and gas and food, I have spent over $5000.00  Now this seems like a great deal of money for travel.  But just last weeks reunion was close to $500.00 with groceries and gas to get there and the campground.  This was no luxury vacation.  Add up 6 trips since February and multiply and you have $3000.00 without work missed.  So I do believe that I need to start a travel fund.  Now where am I going to get that?
     Oh by the was I will be flying to DC over labor day.  I have the ticket,and will be gone 5 days.  I will leave August 31st so I need to get money for that.  It is the last hooray.  I really don't want to go.  Tired of traveling.  I would rather go see my grandson.
     I was at the studio late last night watching a performance we have today at the Downtown arts fest.  Beautiful work done by my daughter and other teachers.  I am truly amazed by their talent.
     I feel like big changes are in store for me this year and I am a little scared, just an edgy feeling, maybe having D#3 move out?  Or the empty nest?  Or the frustration over feeling like I make no progress on the bills?

Out My Window:  I need to go water and check the garden  it is a busy time.

     Laundry and dishes are calling and I also need to get into the shop and get to work on several projects.

     Have a great and productive day!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. I can relate as I have to budget at least $350 for airfare for my daughter, per year. Her father and I share the cost, but my portion is $350.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it might not work for you but our "travel fund" is actually all the ones or change we have in our wallets at the end of the day. It adds up fast.

    Right now because of L's italy trip I really dont have a travel fund so we are going to keep doing this.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete