Monday, April 9, 2018
Monday, Money saving madness
I made a big pot of bean soup on Saturday. Hub's asked me to come up and do something with it. Does that mean he won't eat it for dinner? Good to know as I have a he!! of a day ahead of me.
We took the final three hall doors down on Saturday to have them replaced. The upstairs hall will be done and ready to repaint. I just am going to love the way it will look. Twenty years of those awful doors was long enough.
Friday afternoon and part of Saturday before mom started to act up Sis and I cut out and sewed two denim skirt duplicates. At our twenty year class reunion she bought us matching denim skirts from Talbots. I wore mine to shreds and she has wanted to duplicate this skirt for years. We were finally able to do it. I had to fire her several times. But they are done and they are beautiful. I have the old cut up skirt to make myself one. I also made her a double gardening apron out of some old curtains. I am also going to make my Lil sis new pillow covers out of the rest of this material. I should have taken pictures, but Saturday was so chaotic.
All I can do is keep going. Say a prayer and keep going. Swear a little and keep going. Cry a little and ......
Monday, money saving madness April 1st-7th 2018
1. All meals home cooked except one. Hubs and I went Effie's for a $20.00 date long over due.
2. Used up the Easter ham and bone, will freeze what is left of soup.
3. Took all of my free coupon items to Albertsons and cashed them in for $29.16 worth of freebies. Cheese, tomato sauce, corn, ibuprofen, donuts, bread, cupcake wrappers. Nothing too extravagant but free is free.
4. Continued to work on my second bath rug.
5. Went to second hand store with Hubs and found two really nice gifts.
6. Bought 8 pairs of wool pants on dollar day at a thrift store for a wool rug I am going to start work on.
7. Received a bag full of bread bags for another project.
8. Sewed two very nice skirts for Sis. These would have been over $100.00 each at Talbots.
9. Reused a set of curtains for aprons.
10. Stayed home a couple of days and spent no money.
11. Sis bought me a new gardening basket for weeding that I am going to love.
12. Fixed many items in the shop with product on hand saving me money
I just pray all will go well today with mom. Her church group is coming to get her for book club. I hope she behaves.
Look at those side totals. I will brag tomorrow.:)
Have a great and productive day staying positive while your are in the negative.