Yesterday we went to look at assisted living centers for mom. One was just beautiful, but expensive. She refuses to spend the money. She is fussing about the drug addict brother today who just happens to be back in Missoula, so too close for comfort. We won't let her talk to him and there is a restraining order on him and we are adding our names to it at this time. So mom is all worried and upset, that he is threatening everyone. She is just sure if she talks to him she can help him. She cannot. So I have to deal with her bad mood and crying fits and worry. Lucky me.
I had a wedding dress that I had to get out yesterday and I think there are over 20 dresses in the shop right now. I am very swamped. That is a good thing as I can see a debt payoff soon. Just dealing with mom is so hard right now. She works herself into fits of hysteria. I am about at the end of my rope. It was a short rope.
But all I can do is all I can do. I am trying to do it cheerfully. It is supposed to be warm this weekend and I am living for that. I am going to go outside and clean the beds lay bark and plant flowers. Just thinking of this is keeping me going right now.
Here is Monday's Money Saving Madness a day late. April 8th-15th 2018
1. Ate all meals at home except for Anniversary dinner
2. Used clothesline to dry heavy items.
3. Made a batch of Swedish meat balls with close out burger and pork sausage. Froze
4. Made two meatloaves with close out burger. Froze
5. Pulled 20 yards of beautiful lace off an old petticoat that was rotting. This will be enough to trim 10 sets of pillow cases.
6. Used lace from good will dresses purchased for $1.00 to remake two wedding dresses.
7. Continued to work on thrifty projects when I could spare a few minutes.
8. Replanted seedlings that I had drowned for the garden.
9. Picked up 15 seed geraniums for $1.00 each with the geraniums I wintered over this is all I will need to put in boxes.
10. Toured garden centers to price list the cheapest bedding plants
11. Home depot had bark 5 bags for 10.00 as there is a glut on the market right now. So stocked up with 15 bags. This is the least expensive I have seen bark in over 35 years.
12. Fed all food scraps to the chickens.
13. Continued using food covers and wax wraps to save on the use of plastic.
14. Sent navy bean soup home with a client in a cottage cheese container. Love those as I don't have to worry about getting them back.
15. Saved cut off jeans for a quilt I am working on.
16. Picked up meat in the closeout bin for broccoli beef. 50% off.
I am very weary right now with life. Just really tired and a little blue. I need to pep myself up.
What did you do this week to save money?
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.