Monday, March 4, 2024

Monday, Paying bills!

 

Ran all over town this morning with Signe' paying bills and going to different banks. The phone I swear has not stopped ringing all day.  Of course, three clients came while I was out running around.  Poor Auntie had to deal with that. But I feel like I get no time to do the things that I really need to do until everything is closing. So, I just went out and did what needed to be done and now I don't have to worry for the rest of the month. 

Don't worry the clientele will return as there is no, one else. I would like to work on wedding dresses today, but the piles are starting to stack up again. My little person has 8 pairs of pants that need to be done before this weekend, and I have a military uniform and a business suit that are also due out Friday.  Plus, I think there are at least 12 pairs of pants and a coat to shorten, before I can get to dresses.

I have found making appointments for brides to return forces me to get things done faster.  As in they are coming you had better get your butt in there and finish that dress!

Anything to motivate me. I have continued to turn away work that I just don't want like zippers in coats. Or odd things that would be an irritation. 

Just had a client bring me 11 yards of 60 inch wide Pendelton wool, in three different patterns.  It is beautiful and she no longer sews.  What a gift.  Then another client gave me 15 completed quilt blocks that are hand embroidered.  They are enough for a queen size quilt.  Her hands are too arthritic to put them together.  Such lovely gifts, and someday I will have the time to use them. I have to make myself believe that.

I need Sissie so bad.


By the way Kittie 9, Nate 0, the war goes on.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. Why not pay bills online. You’d save hours of time! Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey two tin cans and a string internet service screws up too often. Will the internet work? Who knows!

      Delete
  2. I love Nate’s cat…. Lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally convinced Tommy to pay some bills online, and some by phone. He no longer takes bill to power board and gas company. Now, all is on auto pay. The only thing I ever paid in person was the power bill, but I could use a check over the phone. However, getting out of the house is good for you. Going somewhere fun would be better.
    I agree that returning brides that are scheduled is a motivator. When is sissie coming?
    Nate must be frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not soon enough. SIssie should be here by the end of May.

      Delete
  4. LOL Kitty seems to be winning by a very large margin. What lovely gifts you got in that fabric and those embroidered quilt blocks.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Auntie and I went out and got a beautiful blue shantung to go between them.

      Delete
  5. I do feel better when all the bills are paid and like you I mail everything. I do not and will not pay online - old fashioned I guess.
    Job security - says a lot. At least you know you have a constant income.
    Kitty just doing what kitty should be doing - catching things.
    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of like you. I have seen too many fiascos paying online. This is a very small town, and everything can be paid within a few blocks of driving. Just slip check into drop box.

      Delete
  6. It is hard, but unfortunately part of the price I pay. Yes paying bills is always a struggle. But I always did it so nothing new other than how much everything costs!

    ReplyDelete